Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 12:21:58 PM EDT
Dear Chief Compass...

"What cha gonna do when they come for you?"

NOLA Police Chief quits

Police Superintendent Eddie Compass resigned Tuesday after four turbulent weeks in which the police force came under fire for its conduct in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath.

"I served this department for 26 years and have taken it through some of the toughest times of its history. Every man in a leadership position must know when it's time to hand over the reins," Compass said at a news conference. "I'll be going on in another direction that God has for me."

Neither Compass nor Mayor Ray Nagin would say whether Compass was pressured to resign.

"It's a sad day in the city of New Orleans when a hero makes a decision like this," Nagin said. "He leaves the apartment in pretty good shape and with a significant amount of leadership."

Earlier in the day, the department said that about 250 police officers _ roughly 15 percent of the force _ could face face discipline for leaving their posts without permission during Katrina and its aftermath.

Each case will be investigated to determine whether the officer was truly a deserter or had legitimate reasons to be absent, Deputy Chief Warren Riley said.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hero?  Half his force left in a time of crisis and the other half went looting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Any indication he's leaving because of NRA pressure?

I'm an NRA supporter (duh ) but I won't attribute this to them until I read more...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm an NRA supporter (duh ) but I won't attribute this to them until I read more...

No indications that I've seen.  But a buddy in NOLA says the Chief has been giving interview denying that he ever said anything about firearm confiscation.

Me thinks his lies are going to land him in jail, so he decided to bail.  (Sorry Jesse...)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
"It's a sad day in the city of New Orleans when a hero makes a decision like this," Nagin said. "He leaves the apartment in pretty good shape and with a significant amount of leadership."

He's leaving the apartment? Uh oh.

What an illiterate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to see that scum gone.

Your turn, Nagin.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It probably didn't help any  

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out ya prick!  (Compass)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Oops.. beat by two mintutes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What an illiterate.

Who knows.  You have internet press that can't write and a mayor that can't speak.  Anything coming from that is an abortion before it begins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=393988

dupe

Sorry.. I looked first but missed it..  please lock 'er up on the way out...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Every man in a leadership position must know when it's time to hand over the reins,"

Like when you're a law enforcement officer and you decide on your own to suspend the Constitution?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Good to see that scum gone.

Your turn, Nagin.

+1, Then Blanco.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What an illiterate.

I saw that too.  I checked the link and it's in the original AP wire service article.

He should get his security deposit back then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What an illiterate.

I saw that too.  I checked the link and it's in the original AP wire service article.

He should get his security deposit back then.

yep, after being brought into the light like this he was found unfit to be in the apartment any longer. They will replace the carpet and look for somebody to fill his position.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Good news...no matter how they spin it.

Like I said in another topic, he's a criminal and I hope he's sued and garnished for the rest of his life.

I hope the mayor of N.O. and the Govener of LA are next.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#17]
He was there for 26 years?  
Dayum, it wasn't too terribly long ago the NOLA had the most corrupt police force in the nation.
On top of that, it went on for years and years.
Doesn't say a lot for the man in my mind.

C'ya!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No indications that I've seen.  But a buddy in NOLA says the Chief has been giving interview denying that he ever said anything about firearm confiscation.

Me thinks his lies are going to land him in jail, so he decided to bail.  (Sorry Jesse...)

The NRA apparently had no input here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard on the Tony Snow show this AM, apparently of the several hundred MIA officers, the FBI can only find evidence that 80 or so are real people.

I assume they are still looking for the others.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=393988
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top