Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 10:25:27 AM EDT
I spoke to the TNW President yesterday and he said he thought he had one in stock he could ship right out and he'd have his assistant call me this morning to take the order. I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night. His assistant called this morning and said they are sold out and are about 5 months back-ordered due to military contracts for a full-auto grenade launcher they make for the military. Fook!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Full auto ?   Cool!  Where can I get one (Not!) or at least look at one and drool.

I see that centerfire has mg34 parts sets for about $250.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I am totally split between a semi MG34 or a BAR.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Full auto ?   Cool!  Where can I get one (Not!) or at least look at one and drool.

I see that centerfire has mg34 parts sets for about $250.

Sorry for the confusion. It's a TNW semi-auto MG34.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
For the last year I've been trying to decide between the TNW 1919A4,TNW MG34, Vector RPD, Historic Arms Bren, and the Ohio Ordinance BAR. The real issue that made it so hard is there are no samples to view that I can find to help me decide how well these guns are made. After countless searches on Google and reading hundreds of posts, I finally decided on TNW MG34. I found dozens of posts by TNW owners that said they were very happy with the product. There is just something incredible about a 26.5 lb hunk of forged and machined steel and is beautifully polished and blued.

My second choice would be the RPD. The pics I have seen of those really look sweet.

The BAR is not that desirable to me because he uses a cast receiver.

The 1919 is just kinda ugly and lacks sex_appeal, but these are supposed to be great shooters.

Pics of the Bren I saw looked like the fit and finish was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the MG34 is kinda ugly.  Wouldn't buy one but would like to shoot one

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
MG34 shoots 308 right. Ive always thought those old german machine guns like the 34 and 42 were baaadddaasss.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Only automatic Grenade Launcher that Im aware of is the Mk19 Grenade Machine Gun. I love that gun, only second to my M2 .50 on my HMMWV. Mk19 jams alot....but when it fires....it blows shit up.

Now, the Ma-Deuce will just keep shooting and shooting. Hehe, lots of big holes.

John
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MG34 shoots 308 right. Ive always thought those old german machine guns like the 34 and 42 were baaadddaasss.

Originaly they were 8mm Mauser but you can have it convertred to .308

I want a Semi MG42
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want a Semi MG42

Who doesen't????????????
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Only automatic Grenade Launcher that Im aware of is the Mk19 Grenade Machine Gun. I love that gun, only second to my M2 .50 on my HMMWV. Mk19 jams alot....but when it fires....it blows shit up.

Now, the Ma-Deuce will just keep shooting and shooting. Hehe, lots of big holes.

John

This is the MK 19 right?? These pics are on TNW's webpage.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want a Semi MG42

Who doesen't????????????

+1...I'd love to have an Semi MG42 and a Semi M60...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Cast?? You sure?

My father got one of the first ones off the line, and I don't see any casting evidence anywhere...no seams, no nothing.  It's only problem is light strikes with milsurp ammo, and that's a quick fix (which my father still hasen't done yet..)

Admittidly Springfield casts their M1A receivers and they don't look very cast, either....but wow, really, you're sure they're cast???

(Honestly, curious)

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, thats the recievers for the Mk19.

Whats the only US machine gun whos barrel cannot overheat (or replaced) during operation?

Mk19.

Somehting like 500 pounds of force to pull back the charging handles on that bitch. Which aint hard when you realize you need to put rounds downrange, right then.

Normal ammo for patrol is linked 40mm HEDP.

Good stuff. - lethal kill radius 5 meters, 50 meters minimum for frag. (Gotta be careful in the turret to not fire to close, stuff arms at 35 meters - so you can shoot a close enemy and frag yourself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cast?? You sure?

My father got one of the first ones off the line, and I don't see any casting evidence anywhere...no seams, no nothing.  It's only problem is light strikes with milsurp ammo, and that's a quick fix (which my father still hasen't done yet..)

Admittidly Springfield casts their M1A receivers and they don't look very cast, either....but wow, really, you're sure they're cast???

(Honestly, curious)

Pretty sure...........

"The heart of the 1918A3 SLR is the "Receiver". It is made from 86/20 cast steel that has been carborized and heat-treated. The castings are machined on a state-of-the-art, computer controlled machining center."

Link

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I feel for ya, I just ordered a 1919A4!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How long is the wait on those?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long is the wait on those?

Shouldn't be longer than a week, they just have to enter the ones they just got into the system.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yea... the idea of thinking they are "badass" is appealing... until you consider how many young American

men were cut down by them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Not sure if these are in the same price range but looks like they have em in stock...
www.brpguns.com/

And good luck
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Get the BAR Tactical Strat!  I have had my OOW BAR since January and man she is great!  Less parts to deal with as well.  I may be wrong but the receiver is not cast on a OOW BAR.  It's milled out of a six pound billet of 6120 steel.  Go on their site and check out the machining process.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Get the BAR Tactical Strat!  I have had my OOW BAR since January and man she is great!  Less parts to deal with as well.  I may be wrong but the receiver is not cast on a OOW BAR.  It's milled out of a six pound billet of 6120 steel.  Go on their site and check out the machining process.

"The heart of the 1918A3 SLR is the "Receiver". It is made from 86/20 cast steel that has been carborized and heat-treated. The castings are machined on a state-of-the-art, computer controlled machining center."

Link

It looks like a nice gun, but I really have my heart set on a MG34. I shot a real MG34 about 25 years ago and I've dreamed about owning one ever since.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea... the idea of thinking they are "badass" is appealing... until you consider how many young American

men were cut down by them.

I was under the impression it was the german behind the trigger that did that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top