Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2001 10:38:43 AM EDT
From the newly restored newslink section:
[url]http://www.bangornews.com/cgi-bin/article.cfm?storynumber=38229[/url]

Her ear protectors still snug on her head and with the aroma of ignited gunpowder swirling around her, 38-year-old Cathy Cody of Dover-Foxcroft was all smiles Sunday morning as she dismounted from a quad 50 machine gun.

“That was fantastic,” the petite registered nurse shouted over the din of dozens of staccato gunfire bursts.

With four [red]50 mm machine guns[/red] mounted around her while she sat inside the gun and shot at junk cars, Cody said “Your whole body vibrates.”
View Quote
 I'd hope to shout!  Wouldn't those be 50mm [b]cannon[/b] though?

Ah, I love journalistic accuracy.  At least she didn't say the "aroma of cordite", but then she probably doesn't know what cordite is.

At least it wasn't a stridently anti-gun piece.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually if you read closely it says the woman sat inside the gun, but even then 50mm seems a bit small.

JJK
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
A quad 50mm?  Leave it to a dumb-assed journalist to not know the difference between a millimeter and the caliber of a firearm.  50mm is equal to two inches.  THAT is a big gun mount.  As we all know, a .50 cal Ma Duece has a bore of just 1/2 inch.  How hard is that to figure out?  Gee...you think they teach anything in journalism class these days?  All they want to do is save the world...and get that Pulitzer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
all smiles...as she dismounted...“That was fantastic,”...“Your whole body vibrates.”
View Quote

There should be a comment in there about the "long, hard barrels" that delivered so much satisfaction to this woman.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually if you read closely it says the woman sat inside the gun, but even then 50mm seems a bit small.
JJK
View Quote

I just have to say this, I know its a typo but I'll say it anyway. It' .50 caliber not 50mm. A 50mm would by comparison be HUGE.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I realize that, however I was making fun of the fact the journalist said she was sitting "inside the gun"...and no matter how small she was she probably couldn't slide into a 50mm.

Jk
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]
sweet.[8D] must have .... [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top