Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 8:36:23 AM EDT
Ok Guys, yet another question for my 2000 2.5

since my last venture under the hood for plugs and wires, my 2.5 has developed a strange issue

when I crank her up or shut her down, it feels rough. Almost like the engine is shuddering under the hood. Now, and only at idle, there is a new, quite noticable vibration. RPMs are constant so I dont think its a fuel injector issue or ignition issue. And if I take the engine above idle, even just a few 100 rpm, it smooths out perfectly.

my only thought is my engine mounts could be shot

now mind you I dropped a plug under the engine during the first sparkplug replacement, perhaps the engine is rocking against the plug under there and is throwing off the dynamics of the system

y'all have any ideas on this matter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top