Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:43:24 AM EDT
He is considering buying a house in Charlottesville, VA and running against George Allen

Heard it on the radio this morning and Fox News was just talking about it

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The scary thing would be watching the dems prop this retard up as a viable candidate, and lots of sheep would vote for him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Just another punk assed actor who thinks that conquering Hollyweird is synonymous with ruling the world and being an expert on everything.  I hope he suffers a massive ego crushing, humiliating defeat!  Make a movie about that BITCH!  

I would pay to see it....maybe.  And only in a dollar theatre.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a good way to waste alot of money.

Feel free Manfleck, you assclown!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad he's running.  This movie should be a great sequel to "Gigli"

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just another punk assed actor who thinks that conquering Hollyweird is synonymous with ruling the world and being an expert on everything.  I hope he suffers a massive ego crushing, humiliating defeat!  Make a movie about that BITCH!  

Just like Reagan!

Joking.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
This will be fun to watch,
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#8]
If Schwarzenegger can win for Governor... I don't see it as unreasonable that this asshole could win too.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't you all know that making movies and being a fake anybody gives you the ability to know about world affairs? Just ask Madonna and Streisand and the likes. Hell, Afflack WAS Jack Ryan and Jack Ryan became President later on. It's a natural progression.

That Gerafaloe witch wants to run for office as well because she KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS the issues where as we, who are sheep, that go to their movies, couldn't possibly understand it all.....

It's........complicated.........
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If Schwarzenegger can win for Governor... I don't see it as unreasonable that this asshole could win too.  

Arnold won in California.... they're a whole different country (that should be nuked! ).

I would hope that Virginians have a bit more "common sense" then that.

I hope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Reagan!

Joking.

That's a good one.

Reagan was a hell of a man.  That is the difference.  Reagan was a hardworking, honest man in life.  Acting was something he did as a profession.  Most actors, athletes etc...were that way.   Today, the opposite is true.  Most actors and athletes are pussy's who's opinions and morals change with the wind.  Virtuos and hardworking can only describe characters they play or their on the field/court personas.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Reagan, Ventura, and Schwarzenegger all had strong ties to the states that they ran in.  Affleck is moving there just to run.  That is a big difference.   (Although it worked for Hitlery)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#13]

I seem to remember an interview Affleck gave a few months ago on Fox News, in which he displayed a surprising libertarian and pro-gun stance.

Don't let me get in the way of all the knee-jerk character bashing, though.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't you all know that making movies and being a fake anybody gives you the ability to know about world affairs? Just ask Madonna and Streisand and the likes. Hell, Afflack WAS Jack Ryan and Jack Ryan became President later on. It's a natural progression.

That Gerafaloe witch wants to run for office as well because she KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS the issues where as we, who are sheep, that go to their movies, couldn't possibly understand it all.....

It's........complicated.........

Washington is not that much different.  Getting elected to office in America is akin to being infused with the seed of knowledge and omnicience by God.  Once in office you immediately become an expert on the economy, foreign affairs, domestic policy, terrorism, law, defense, wealth management, farming, insurance, healthcare, abortion etc...

Why should hollyweird, which merely seeks to mirror reality or create a better reality be any different?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Reagan, Ventura, and Schwarzenegger all had strong ties to the states that they ran in.  Affleck is moving there just to run.  That is a big difference.   (Although it worked for Hitlery)

And McCain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I seem to remember an interview Affleck gave a few months ago on Fox News, in which he displayed a surprising libertarian and pro-gun stance.

He also worked quite hard to get Gore and Kerry elected.

No thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Don't you know not to drink the TV kool-aid?  Don't believe everything you see.  Hillary is parading around the country claiming to be a "Conservative Christian" too.  Bennaffleck is merely playing a role trying to get the best ratings he can.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Virginia ain't Kalifornistan....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Movie stars - is there anything they CAN'T do?

Just like that bitch BS saying that it's OBVIOUS that global warming has caused these hurricanes.  Suddenly she knows more than the director of the National Hurricane Center.

Actors make me sick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#20]
No way would I vote for him,however he has espoused a progun position for years.IIRC in the 04 election he said in an interview that gun rights were one of the few areas he disagreed with kerry about(I think it was on hardball on msnbc)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd vote for him.

But only to prove that I'm insane for when I'm charged with a crime.

"Bblake00 can't possibly be guilty of that.  He's crazy, look he voted for Ben Affleck."

I can do any thing and get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey now, before everyone starts dissing movie stars turned actor... let's not forget that the greatest president of all time started out as an actor in western movies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He is considering buying a house in Charlottesville, VA and running against George Allen

Heard it on the radio this morning and Fox News was just talking about it

The day that Virginia would vote for J Lo's boy toy over a proven public servant who has CONSISTENTLY demonstrated competence and courage in office like George Allen is the day I say that the great Commonwealth who gave us Jefferson, Washington and Madison is DEAD.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Hillary had to run in NY because that is the only state that would have her.

Hopefully Virginia is smarter than that. But there have been lots of folks moving here from infected places like Baltimore, NYC and Philly, so one can never be too certain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hey now, before everyone starts dissing movie stars turned actor... let's not forget that the greatest president of all time started out as an actor in western movies.

Affleck isn't bad because he is an actor.

He is bad because he is a libbie kool-aid drinking moron.

If he was a doctor or a university president I would say the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#26]
<sigh> flutter eyelashes <sigh> but he's so handsome <sigh> flutter eyelashes <sigh>  

Patty
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#27]
His movies suck shit anyway. He has to have something to fall back on. Two words..........J LO
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Great, right in my home fucking state too!

I will PERSONALLY lead the campaign against this man if he tries to run here. It disguists me to think he wants to try and run for public office in my State, and even LIVE here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#29]
the 1st subtle step will be him wearing a hokies shirt at some usc game.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Ben Affleck........F.A.G.......

Just like his Hollywood Butt Buddies

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Would he vote to overturn the 1986 machinegun ban?

That's all I want to know.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#32]
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.  Al Franken is considering running against Norm Coleman in MN.  At least it's his home state.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He had the power of truth and ideas behind him, he was part of a revolutionary tide in American politics that is STILL making waves and dictating the course of history.  All of that is much greater than the man Reagan himself, and he'd be the first one to tell you that.  

Affleck isn't ideologically driven. He's just another Hollywood liberal, dime a dozen, and nothing you can't get from political pros on the Democrat side.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to nail his wife

but I think he is liberal dueche in the wirst way.  Their are not residency time requirements in Virginia????????
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The scary thing would be watching the dems prop this retard up as a viable candidate, and lots of sheep would vote for him.

ha, if he ran for US Senate I would hope that he would win. There is no possible way he could be worse than Kennedy or Kerry.

ETA: sorry missed the VA part, I was thinking Massa2shits
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ha, if he ran for US Senate I would hope that he would win. There is no possible way he could be worse than Kennedy or Kerry.

You did not read the Georg Allen/Virginia part did you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I know Jennifer Garner is pro gun but didnt know he was to. As far as he had his head up Kerrys ass I just figured he was a hippy gun grabber like the rest the sour lot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Not sure if any of you saw this joke in Maxim a couple months back...

Ben Affleck goes to the Doctor and says, "Doc, I've got a problem.  Every time I look in the mirror, I get aroused."

"I'm not surprised," replies the Doctor.
"You're a pussy."
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't know about a few months ago, but he made similar statements when interviewed by FNC (O'Reilly IIRC) during the last DNC...

... he didn't sound "pro-gun" per se, just not supportive of outright banning/prohibition.  His comments sounded somewhat hollow to me, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I know Jennifer Garner is pro gun ...

I did not know that... good to hear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Ah yes, situational narcisscism rears its ugly head.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I can picture him after he loses the election.  Sitting by the phone in his boxers next to an empty tub of Eddy's and crying on Matt Damon's shoulder.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm wondering why the hell he picked Virginia to run in.
What did we do?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Senator Ben Asshat, an excellent choice for VA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Affleck isn't ideologically driven. He's just another Hollywood liberal, dime a dozen, and nothing you can't get from political pros on the Democrat side.

Couldn't agree more. Sad thing is... all of these TOTAL idiots look in the mirror and actually think Reagan was a bumbling oaf and that THEY could do so much better. That would be like me actually believing I could beat Tiger Woods in a golf tournament! These people have been living lies (acting) for so long, they actually believe that they have a clue! The ignorance boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Snippet from July, 2004 (maybe the one I was thinking of above?):

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127324,00.html

O'REILLY: Now you're an interesting guy. You're only 30 years old, big superstar, big Hollywood hot shot, all the babes love you.

AFFLECK: I saw the babes hanging around you, O'Reilly, earlier.

O'REILLY: I'm way over the hill. I can't even see the hill. The Democrats have latched onto you. Are you aware that these political people might be trying to use you? Are you aware of that? I'm not saying they are.

AFFLECK: I don't know that they are either. I mean, I consider myself to be pretty independent. Nobody campaigning gives me a text. I might say things, for example, like I said about the Second Amendment and gun control that they may not agree with.

O'REILLY: Kerry would. He's a big gun guy.

AFFLECK: That's true. He is that. That's true. That's true. And there are other issues as well. And I don't feel like an independent guy. And I'm not too worried.

Emphasis in RED above mine...

So... he's no more anti-gun than that other "big gun guy," Kerry?  How reassuring!  

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Snippet from July, 2004 (maybe the one I was thinking of above?):

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127324,00.html

O'REILLY: Now you're an interesting guy. You're only 30 years old, big superstar, big Hollywood hot shot, all the babes love you.

AFFLECK: I saw the babes hanging around you, O'Reilly, earlier.

O'REILLY: I'm way over the hill. I can't even see the hill. The Democrats have latched onto you. Are you aware that these political people might be trying to use you? Are you aware of that? I'm not saying they are.

AFFLECK: I don't know that they are either. I mean, I consider myself to be pretty independent. Nobody campaigning gives me a text. I might say things, for example, like I said about the Second Amendment and gun control that they may not agree with.

O'REILLY: Kerry would. He's a big gun guy.

AFFLECK: That's true. He is that. That's true. That's true. And there are other issues as well. And I don't feel like an independent guy. And I'm not too worried.

Emphasis in RED above mine...

So... he's no more anti-gun than that other "big gun guy," Kerry?  How reassuring!  

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20Fun%20stuff/Kerryhisfriends.jpg

No, Kerry's pro gun.  He even took time out from his presidential campaign to go hunting in Ohio, that's how pro-gun he is.  See?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#48]
That kerry hunting photo is a classic.  Its now my background on my desktop.  When ever i see it i laugh my ass off.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like Reagan!

Joking.

That's a good one.

Reagan was a hell of a man.  That is the difference.  Reagan was a hardworking, honest man in life.  Acting was something he did as a profession.  Most actors, athletes etc...were that way.   Today, the opposite is true.  Most actors and athletes are pussy's who's opinions and morals change with the wind.  Virtuos and hardworking can only describe characters they play or their on the field/court personas.  

Yeah!  Like, uh, uh, um, what?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Senator Ben Asshat, an excellent choice for VA.

HEY!
Watch what you say about Virginia!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top