Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 7:10:16 PM EDT
So I'm sitting here playing poker online, while my wife(who is 6weeks preggers), is asleep in the next room, when I here what sounds like the dogs bells on my front door.  I grab my Ruger and stand at the top of the steps to listen.  And I here foot steps.  Now my heart is racing since I haven't pointed a gun at someone in a few years, and it sounds as though I might have to tonight.  So I creep down stairs, with the pistol and a 6 cell maglite. And my front door is open......hock.gif, so now what.  I shut and lock the door, and continue my search.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  So I go back up stairs, and my wife is awake, and wants to know why  I'm in my underwear with a gun in my hand.  I tell her and she says " OOOOH  I forgot to shut the door when I walked the dog".  

Give me a heart attack why don't she.  At 5' 10" 290lbs with high blood pressure, I don't need that kind of shit.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Your poor wife, waking up from a sound sleep and the first thing she sees is you in your underware.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah I know, And I thought I was having a hard time.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop it man, you almost gave me a heart attack.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats pretty much what i thought, You come in, you shut the door.  But since she is carrying my child in her womb, I let it go.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Stop it man, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
So, the only thing really weird in your house was you, walking around in your tighty whiteys with a pistol and a flashlight???

You play 'online poker' in your underwear often?

Nevermind, I don't want to know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
are you sure your not preggo with a litter? 290, holy shiet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Seriously, how does somebody forget to shut the front door?  It's an automatic thing with me to not only shut each door as I go in or out, but lock it, too.  I don't think I'm physically capable of not shutting a door.

Glad that's all it was, though.  Whew.

Beats me. My wife does that crap all the time.

I'll come home sometimes and the door will be open about 6 inches, with the handle unlocked in the middle of summer with the A/C blasting, and I'll wonder whether I need to clear the house or just assume it was my non-door-closing-wife.

She can't close any doors. Any doors. Laundry room door, linen closet door, door on the entertainment center, cabinet doors.

I can close all the cabinet doors in the kitchen, and then she'll go get something in there. When I go back into the kitchen, there'll be at least 3 doors left wide open for me to smack my head on. Suggestions that I put automatic door closers on the doors or remove the doors entirely are not received well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously, how does somebody forget to shut the front door?  It's an automatic thing with me to not only shut each door as I go in or out, but lock it, too.  I don't think I'm physically capable of not shutting a door.

Glad that's all it was, though.  Whew.

Beats me. My wife does that crap all the time.

I'll come home sometimes and the door will be open about 6 inches, with the handle unlocked in the middle of summer with the A/C blasting, and I'll wonder whether I need to clear the house or just assume it was my non-door-closing-wife.

She can't close any doors. Any doors. Laundry room door, linen closet door, door on the entertainment center, cabinet doors.

I can close all the cabinet doors in the kitchen, and then she'll go get something in there. When I go back into the kitchen, there'll be at least 3 doors left wide open for me to smack my head on. Suggestions that I put automatic door closers on the doors or remove the doors entirely are not received well.

That must mean driving is quite an aventure around your house. Got any pics of the family car?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
are you sure your not preggo with a litter? 290, holy shiet. hr

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats pretty much what i thought, You come in, you shut the door.  But since she is carrying my child in her womb, I let it go.  

Please understand, I meant no disrespect to you or your wife.  

"online poker" in your underwear is an entirely different story however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top