Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
I am goinig to be ordering an M1 Garand from the CMP this week.  Probably a Field grade rifle.  Can I have it sent to my neighbors house because I am never home during the day to recieve shipments?

Are field grades usually in good condition?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
"Field grade"?

I thought they had "rack grade" and "service grade"?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that is "no", but in my small town the UPS driver knows my wife and I, and he delivered them to her at her place of work.....the local college.

He usually delivers my C&R packages to the office secretaries at the High School I teach at.  I keep telling him that is a "no, no".
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe that is "no", but in my small town the UPS driver knows my wife and I, and he delivered them to her at her place of work.....the local college.

He usually delivers my C&R packages to the office secretaries at the High School I teach at.  I keep telling him that is a "no, no".

I take it your talkinig about wwcc???
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Field grade"?

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm#Field

But as I look at it now, it shows that they are now sold out!!!

I guess I will now have to choose between either the Service or rack.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hmm.  I must have missed those at the CMP North store.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
When I got my last CMP Garand it came Fedex overnight.  Well, I wasn't home so I had to go to the Fedex terminal to pick it up because it requires a signature.  If they had told me it was coming I would have gladly skipped a day of work to be there to sign for it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Field grade"?

But as I look at it now, it shows that they are now sold out!!!

I guess I will now have to choose between either the Service or rack.

Orest said they have more and will get them out soon.  They just sold out of the ones they had available for immediate sale.  They have more still in boxes that they need to work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
how fast do they get that new stock posted?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top