Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:39:15 PM EDT

I can't seem to find a number on the percentage of the network estimated KO over there since start of hostilities.

Linky would help also. I've checked defenselink/stratcom/Wiki/etc . Where the hell are the stats for AFGHANISTAN Taliban and AQ fighters only?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nowhere NEAR enough!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been a complaint of mine since the beginning of the war on terror.  Every Sunday our local paper runs a list of U.S. soldiers killed in the sand pits, but not once have they included a story on how many of the bad guys our soldier heroes have killed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This has been a complaint of mine since the beginning of the war on terror.  Every Sunday our local paper runs a list of U.S. soldiers killed in the sand pits, but not once have they included a story on how many of the bad guys our soldier heroes have killed.

I can remember back in the old Vietnam days. Every night when the news came on they'd give the body count, so many of us dead, so many of them dead.

Only problem was that it was always something like 236 Vietcong killed, with 3 American troops killed.

Even as a little kid I remember thinking WTF? This war should be over in no time at this rate....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think we could ever know how many they have
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nowhere NEAR enough!

Damn, beat me too it!!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Why bother keeping track?  Just send more troops and equipment and kill more of them until nobody else shows up to challenge us.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
In Robin Moore’s book, The Hunt for Bin Laden, he mentions that “tens of thousands” were killed in the early stages of Afghanistan by approximately 500 SF soldiers fighting alongside the Northern Alliance troops and calling in air strikes. I’ve also read that the figures were as high as 45,000 (roughly) but I can’t remember if that was in the same book or another one.

There are stories of SF, working aircraft, wiped out 3000-4000 Taliban at a time because they believed that bombs, like lightening, never struck the same place twice. A plane would come in, drop a bomb, kill a bunch of Taliban and then come around again and drop another one in the exact same spot because the remaining ones would run and hide in the first bomb crater
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top