Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:11:35 PM EDT
I understand that it's supposed to make a suppressor function more reliably with some guns (my interest is for a 1911 suppressor), but what is it (electrical/mechanical)?  I have heard that this will make some suppressors more costly than others, is that true?  Does anyone here run a 1911 with a suppressor, and if so, which are some good, yet cost-effective options?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Special mechanisms, called "recoil enhancers" or "Nielsen devices", are used to decouple the mass of the suppressor from the barrel. These consist of a sliding baffle in the rear of the suppressor that is forced back under the pressure of the powder gas, thus forcing the barrel backwards and unlocking the short recoil mechanism. Adding one of these mechanisms increases the complexity and cost of the suppressor.

-From Wikipedia
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't it the box they hook up to your t.v. to monitor what you watch for ratings?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Isn't it the box they hook up to your t.v. to monitor what you watch for ratings?

It does sound something like that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a little searching, and I have received the opinion that the AWC Nexus suppressor works well on the 1911.  Can anyone attest to the quality of this product?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top