Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 2:34:03 PM EDT
if it's a dupe, please point me to the thread - i've looked.

www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,170467,00.html

U.S. Special Forces killed Al Qaeda's  No. 2 terror mastermind in Iraq, Defense Department officials say.

FOX News has confirmed that Abu Azzam, who was believed to have been in charge of the financing of terrorist cells in the war-torn country, was killed during a raid in Baghdad Sunday. Azzam is thought to be the top deputy to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Iraq's most wanted terrorist.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
DAMNIT.  Although I love hearing news like this, when am I going to hear that US Special Forces have killed Bin Laden or Zarqawi.  Why is it always the No. 2 guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuckin' A!!!  We'll get 'em all sooner or later.  Osama too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DAMNIT.  Although I love hearing news like this, when am I going to hear that US Special Forces have killed Bin Laden or Zarqawi.  Why is it always the No. 2 guy

I bet "The Terrorist Formerly Known As #3" is sweating bullets right now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Because when you're number two, you try harder.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I suspect the #2 guys are the operations chiefs. Since they do operations, they have more communications contacts with the rest of the world, and thus more ways to get compromised. The #1 guys are probably mostly figureheads, and try to keep their day-to-day contacts with both operations and the rest of the world to a minimum.

Every time one of the top terrorists communicates with someone they're risking compromise. The #2 guys have to communicate a lot, so they're more likely to get rolled up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
There will be much joy when Zarqawi and/or Bin Laden get theirs....I hope it's gruesome and the pics are vivid and closeup.  I'd love for them to have their heads on a stick and paraded around.

HH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a good day indeed!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There will be much joy when Zarqawi and/or Bin Laden get theirs....I hope it's gruesome and the pics are vivid and closeup.  I'd love for them to have their heads on a stick and paraded around.

HH

You're reading my mind.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
AP "Who does number two work for? Who does number two work for?"

Guy on toilet "You tell that turd who's boss!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I suspect the #2 guys are the operations chiefs. Since they do operations, they have more communications contacts with the rest of the world, and thus more ways to get compromised. The #1 guys are probably mostly figureheads, and try to keep their day-to-day contacts with both operations and the rest of the world to a minimum.

Every time one of the top terrorists communicates with someone they're risking compromise. The #2 guys have to communicate a lot, so they're more likely to get rolled up.

this is exactly why it's paramount that they capture #2 guys alive....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't wait until we kill #1 through #1,000,000,000.

That should solve the problem.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]
they dont tell you about the number 1 guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#13]
They won't tell us if they get the number one guy. It is better for them to just fade from memory then to make them a marter for the radicals.
Just glad we got the number 2 guy, now the number 1 will start running scared and thats when they start making mistakes and becomes just another body in the pile
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#16]
You know they fucked this guy up, good work!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#17]
this thread is (almost) useless without pics
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I can see it now;

SF - (Knocks on tent)

Azaam - Dirka, dirka

SF - Dirka, dirka. Muhamed jihad

Azaam - Come in

SF - Die cockfag!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can see it now;

SF - (Knocks on tent)

Azaam - Dirka, dirka

SF - Dirka, dirka. Muhamed jihad

Azaam - Come in

SF - Die cockfag!

hahaha team america
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#20]
That guy in team america gives true meaniing to the word "having a woodie" hahahha! sometimes i crack myself up so hard! Im the funniest guy alive, don't you think????
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#21]
There will just be another terrorist asshole to take his place. Just ask the Israelis how many "senior leaders" of Hamas and Islamic Jihad they have killed. There is no shortage of people willing to take this guy's place.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
There will just be another terrorist asshole to take his place. Just ask the Israelis how many "senior leaders" of Hamas and Islamic Jihad they have killed. There is no shortage of people willing to take this guy's place.

But the Israelis also say that the guy that replaces him is not as good or as smart either.

Max
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:05:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the Israelis also say that the guy that replaces him is not as good or as smart either.

Max

Are the Israelis giving terrorists IQ tests these days?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#24]
No but the terrorist are not as sharp as the previous ones.  Their attacks are less coordinated, egress routes not as good and generally not as tactically sound as the predecessor.  

Max
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#25]
probably due to israel's new fence but, when hamas/islamic jihad finally retaliated for the killing of No. 1 of Hamas (and no. 2, the new no. 1 just a few days later) it took them 6 MONTHS to get a suicide bomb into israel and it only killed a couple people....that contrasts with before during the height of the 'intifada' when they were able to retaliate next day or within a week and blow up a Sbarros , a disco, or a bus and kill 20+ people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Cuz everytime you kill numbe 2, number 3 gets a promotion.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I guess we may as well give up then, huh?
Yeah, that sounds like your philosophy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No... my point was don't get too excited... the war isn't over yet. Dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:47:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, somehow, after reading your posts previously, I don't think that was your point at all.  I think most people know exactly where you're coming from.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
AP "Who does number two work for? Who does number two work for?"

Guy on toilet "You tell that turd who's boss!"

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet "The Terrorist Formerly Known As #3" is sweating bullets right now.

I laughed out loud at work . . . pretty funny
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Enemy at the gates

"I just had to promote 16 Sgts to replace the officers I have lost"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One more name calling or personal attack on anyone,and I will make you #2 on my list!

Got a chuckle out of this, pretty funny. It would have my blood run cold.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Is the #2 guy a friggin ZOMBIE? how many times have we nailed him now?

# 3 is probably trying to get demoted right now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Allah is on our side, baby!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#38]
i do  not want bin laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, mullet omar, or Ayman al-Zawahir killed

honestly i dont

i want to see all three on permanent display, naked each in his own cage (small and forcing them to sort of squat, but fixed so they cant sit down) hanging in the plaza where the two twin towers were. i want doctors on hand 24*7 to make sure they don't die before their time. i want them to live to be very old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top