Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 12:51:08 PM EDT
I know it's a give and take relationship but I got into it with a typical Canadian on another board and this question came up.

For me, I think that Canada gains ALOT by being our neighbor but of course the Canadian thinks we can do no good and Canada doesn't need the US.

First things first, I know that trading to America is where Canada gets most of their goods.
I think it's like a 25% to 75% ratio with America relying less on Canada then vise versa.

Then of course military came up.
These guys just don't get it.

They think cause they pussy foot around they don't NEED a military.
I call bs, just them being above us gives them a security their citizens will never want to admit to.

I was basically saying that america absorbs ALOT OF crap for Canada, thus allowing them to run the statewide feelgood programs they want to run. More so then if they were on their own.

So what else does Canada depend on for America to make Canada a "better" place in the eyes of Canadians?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Entertainment
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
THX

Anyone else?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Canadians, having essentially adopted US culture, are struggling for an identity. They seem to be extremely nationalistic. And their women are hot, but just as crazy as ours.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that America buys all of their weed.

In turn that jump starts the local junk food businesses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top