Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 11:39:26 AM EDT
It'll be kept in a self-storage place over the winter, and will not be in a climate-controlled environment. What should I do? Is there a way to purge the water from them? My fridge does have an icemaker, if that matters.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
IM DrFrige and see if he can help you out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not sure on purging the water out, but be sure to somehow prop the door/doors open on the fridge so it wont start to smell/mold on you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had problems with small amounts of water left in washing machines and I think your fridge should be fine. One problem I have had with storage is mice. I have had them crawl into the insulation and nest, only to die. Bring that into the house and It'll smell real good when it warms up. I cover as many holes with cardboard and tape, and put bait in the room-in the corners.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Scrub that fridge hard before you store it.  Go over it with a diluted bleach mixture as well for safety.
Make sure you drain the washer and completely!  One sub-zero day and a little bit of ice can seriously fuck you over.

If they will be in storage for a long time, the rubber seals can degrade, so don't be surprised if you need to fix a few leaks when you pull them back out.

When it comes down to it, if you're talking really long term, and you don't really love these appliances, you might just be better off selling them and rebuying when you need them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top