Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 11:13:32 AM EDT
I was talking to a co-worker over lunch about the new TV series Commander-In-Chief starring Geena Davis & Donald Sutherland about the first woman president.

My co-worker is a super, righ-wing conspiracy nut (even more than me), and he believes that this show is a political propoganda move by ABC to try and soften up the masses in preparation for a woman president in 2008.

Incidently, after doing some cursory searching about this topic, I've also learned that some women's libbers are pissed off because this show depicts Geena Davis' character as taking office not by winning an election, but by the president having a stroke and she being the vice president.

feministing.com/archives/001486.html
www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/opinion/31dowd.html?ex=1283140800&en=6f233b1a4205a013&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
believes that this show is a political propoganda move by ABC to try and soften up the masses in preparation for a woman president in 2008.

I'd agree with that.  There are tons of reports and interviews with the shows creator and writer.  I have yet to confirm but I was told the producer was family friends of the Clinton's.  Who knows, could just be more media bs.  But here is another article where the writer states, "it's naive to think that a woman can actually do an effective job in the primaries, unfortunately, but if Hillary does win the nomination, we're going to take credit."

"Commander in Chief"  writer interview

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a whole family of conservative women who cannot stand Hildabeast, and will absolutely not vote for her under any circumstance.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If it means more Geena Davis on TV, then I'm for it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This is totally a tee up for Hiliary! Have you seen the billboards, "This fall a Woman will be President" White Billboard in written in big black letters.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe Geena will be protraying Condi, but I doubt it
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe Geena will be protraying Condi, but I doubt ithinking.gif

..better idea...Geena could play Monica...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes I wonder if the tinfoil hats ya'll wear cuts off the flow of blood to your head....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes and d00p!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I think we had this one before but it's OK it's been a little while.

This was the first thing I thought when I saw the commercial... ABC just trying to butter us up to the idea of Hillary being POTUS.

The test will be: How closely do her politics match the ones on the TV show? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were very close.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw an story on Fox's Dayside when I was getting ready for work and they said Geena's character will be an independent.  Not that I will watch it anyhow since I work swing shift.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I saw an story on Fox's Dayside when I was getting ready for work and they said Geena's character will be an independent.  Not that I will watch it anyhow since I work swing shift.

So maybe we get a little indication of how they are going to try and position Hildabeast in 08.... as a moderate Dem?!?!?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it means more Geena Davis on TV, then I'm for it! hr

Hell Yeah! I thought I was the only one with a Geena Davis...thing....She could be MY prez...if we were playing that game, Presidents and assholes...I'd drink whatever she commanded me to drink
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sometimes I wonder if the tinfoil hats ya'll wear cuts off the flow of blood to your head....

Yeah, cause that would be absolutely outrageous to think that Hollyweird would do such a thing as to advance their liberal agenda. And neither would the press...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I've said it on this board a zillion times...
Hillary Clinton is unelectable!!!!!She's the blinking light on the tip of the left wing! An ultra-conservative would also be unelectable!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top