Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 4:40:35 AM EDT

Judge Issues Restraining Order Against New Orleans Gun Seizures
By Melanie Hunter
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
September 23, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - A federal judge Friday issued a temporary restraining order on behalf of two Second Amendment rights groups ending the seizure of firearms from citizens in and around New Orleans.

U.S. District Judge Jay Zaney issued the restraining order against those named in a lawsuit brought by the Second Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association, which include New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and Police Chief Edwin Compass III.

"This is a great victory, not just for the NRA and SAF, but primarily for law-abiding gun owners everywhere," said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb. "We are proud to have joined forces with the NRA to put an end to what has amounted to a warrantless gun grab by authorities in New Orleans and surrounding jurisdictions."....

Shok
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Suck it gun grabbers.  I'll be expecting more respect for the NRA from folks around here.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Notice the date on the article, don't you think this might have already been posted.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Haha I missed it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Suck it gun grabbers.  I'll be expecting more respect for the NRA from folks around here.  

Judge--><--NOPD Chief
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Judge--><--NOPD Chief

Police Chief Edwin Compass III ==> <== NRA/SAF

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a big step indeed, but it's only the beginning.

We all need to call the NRA/SAF, not only to thank them for stepping up to the plate, but also to let them know we want heads to roll on this one. There must be strong charges brought up against the leaders Nazis who ordered the confiscation or it WILL happen again!

Whether you are a member or not, let them know you appreciate what they started here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Notice the date on the article, don't you think this might have already been posted.

No.

Shok
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see the NRA draw down once in awhile.  Wish it happened more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top