Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 1:32:44 AM EDT
Anyone else seen this? It's a Hardy Boys/X-Files sorta show about two ghostbusting brothers looking for their missing dad.  

I just watched the pilot episode on my DVR and was quite impressed. Decent effects for a TV show and can be pretty creepy (at least at 4am).

Couple of things caught my attention.

The younger brother is talking about their dad to the older brother, he says:
"When I told Dad I was afraid of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45"
Older brother responds: "What was he supposed to do?"

Near the end of the episode, the older brother finds a ghost attacking the younger one.
What does he do? Pull out an enchanted dagger? Drink a mystical potion to give him superpowers? Chant a spell? Nope....He shoots it!

Just might have to keep watching this show...

I love the smurfs!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
<snip> It's a Hardy Boys/X-Files sorta show <snip>

That was EXACTLY my thought when I saw the pilot.

It seems like a decent show. First two episodes show promise. There's a couple of details in the 2nd episode that bugged me, but I won't spoil them for you.

However, it being the WB, I just know they're gonna work in something stupid and melodramatic for the teen audience it targets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it so far, except for the acting.  The kid that plays the older brother can't act for shit.  But the plots are pretty creepy.  Liked the Wendigo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been watching it as well. It scares the wife pretty good, has an intersting plot. Plus, you gotta love the .45 line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top