Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 11:53:27 PM EDT
Here's a boardmembers response to my view of Colt rifles (in blue).  Never mind the subject matter though.  Is this sufficiently sarcastic or does it need a little touch up?  What do you think?  Would you add more?  Be honest, I want to further the cause!  The names have been hidden to protect the innocent guy.

Quoted:

Originally Posted By ******:

Quoted:

Quoted:
rear aperture in the center?

Now believe it or not, thats very important to me.  The other things are:

M4 stamped receiver
1:7 twist
M4 feed ramps
"F" marked front sight base (correct height for flattop)
staked receiver extension nut
black port cover spring (not silver)
evenly staked pins (front sight base)
side sling adapter
barrel is parked BEFORE the FSB is installed
"H" marked buffer
"T" marked rail
Double shielded handguards
Proper finish on barrel and receivers

There's probably a few details I'm missing, but it's the attention to those details that I'll pay a premium price for.  
Plus the top instructors say the Colts are more reliable out of the box than other brands.

Colt all the way baby!

sheep talk

Damn, you're right!  I've been such a fool!  

Pat Rogers experiences are worthless!  What he has seen on the range doesn't mean a damn thing.  He doesn't gather facts by observation...NO! He just blathers on in hopes of ensnaring the closest impressionable person.  Prolly just trying to make himself look good, yeah thats the ticket.  

Golly gee wiz mister, thanks for clearing that up for me.  I'll never be led astray again.  I dont wanna be a
sheep......will YOU teach me?

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It will go over his head.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
in this case less would be more, but I commend you for going with sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as you're just practising it here.  Most of the guys here can't recognize it even if bitten in the butt with it.  Trust me I know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't need any lessons in sarcasm... You're doing a GREAAAT job all on your lonesome.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's a boardmembers response to my view of Colt rifles (in blue).  Never mind the subject matter though.  Is this sufficiently sarcastic or does it need a little touch up?  What do you think?  Would you add more?  Be honest, I want to further the cause!  The names have been hidden to protect the innocent guy.

Quoted:

Originally Posted By ******:

Quoted:

Quoted:
rear aperture in the center?

Now believe it or not, thats very important to me.  The other things are:

M4 stamped receiver
1:7 twist
M4 feed ramps
"F" marked front sight base (correct height for flattop)
staked receiver extension nut
black port cover spring (not silver)
evenly staked pins (front sight base)
side sling adapter
barrel is parked BEFORE the FSB is installed
"H" marked buffer
"T" marked rail
Double shielded handguards
Proper finish on barrel and receivers
Gay Pony

There's probably a few details I'm missing, but it's the attention to those details that I'll pay a premium price for.  
Plus the top instructors say the Colts are more reliable out of the box than other brands.

Colt all the way baby!

sheep talk

Damn, you're right!  I've been such a fool!  

Pat Rogers experiences are worthless!  What he has seen on the range doesn't mean a damn thing.  He doesn't gather facts by observation...NO! He just blathers on in hopes of ensnaring the closest impressionable person.  Prolly just trying to make himself look good, yeah thats the ticket.  

Golly gee wiz mister, thanks for clearing that up for me.  I'll never be led astray again.  I dont wanna be a
sheep......will YOU teach me?

There's my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gay Pony

There's my 2 cents

Damn straight!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sarcasm is overrated.  It's the way morons try to be witty.

You could go the rest of your life without being sarcastic and be a better person for it.

IMHO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sarcasm is overrated.  It's the way morons try to be witty.

You could go the rest of your life without being sarcastic and be a betterboring person for it.

IMHO

<yawn>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top