Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:23:52 AM EDT
I recently purchased a laptop computer to use in presenting materials for a class I am teaching.  I attempted to run one of the videos from the multimedia class CD and get the error "vidsI:50" (or something like that) not found. This is some kind of codec from Indeo that Micro$oft has decided to not support, or so stated by the Indeo web site.  Outside of purchasing the codec, is there some way I can find it to download?

I'm not trying to beat Indeo out of their money, but have invested more money into the class than I'll make teaching it.

TIA
Keith
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/codecs/video.aspx

www.free-codecs.com/

I have Windoze Media Player 10.  Microsoft decided to not support the Indeo codec before XP SP1.  

I am trying to dig my way through the second link.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to have problems with codecs.

I downloaded VLC (VideoLanClient).

Now I don't have problems with codecs anymore since VLC comes with so many. It might come with the one you're looking for.

videolan.org

ETA:

I checked their site and for Windows VLC supports Indeo Video v3 (IV32) but does NOT support Indeo Video v4-5 (IV41)(IV51).

www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top