Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 7:55:38 PM EDT
My girl was all grossed out about me having a dip during the movie last night.  She asked me to quit, I said No way, she drops my hand and we walk out of the theater almost like strangers.

After about an hour, I realized I picked up again after we'd been together almost two years, and if I wasn't doing it when we got together that this isn't what she signed up for.  I can't ask her to put up with it if I wasn't doing it when we got together.  OK, I'll kick.

In mid-kick right now, feeling like bees are crawling all over my face and back.  This sucks.  And that's OK, this is what I have to do tonight.  I did tell her that I drink and I do certain other things and that those are non-negotiable, don't even ask.  

I kicked over Xmas, and I'm doing it again now.  I'll pull it off once again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Throw in a double horseshoe once before you really call it quits .
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I kicked it using the patch..Still difficult, but the patch made things a lot easier

Good luck

(I quit 5 years ago because the dentist said my lip was pre-cancerous)

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a nasty habit.

Get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
no hope for me getting rid of it right now.....good luck
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If a double horseshoe is something related to putting tobacco in my mouth, it's off-limits for me.  Frankly, the bees on my back are starting to tickle my back hair, so it's kind of worth it.

It's been 24 hours, the worst may be behind me, I'm sticking with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a double horseshoe is something related to putting tobacco in my mouth, it's off-limits for me.  Frankly, the bees on my back are starting to tickle my back hair, so it's kind of worth it.

Double horseshoe. Pack tobacco around both your upper and lower lips. Double horseshoe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/tkoproductions/chewlip.jpg

My lip pocket has gone from gray and cracked to an evil dark red and cracked.  My gums have already gone from gray and sickly to red and unhappy.  Listerine, listerine, listerine.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My lip pocket has gone from gray and cracked to an evil dark red and cracked.  My gums have already gone from gray and sickly to red and unhappy.  Listerine, listerine, listerine.  We'll see.

So I'm guessing you aren't a dentist?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Double Horseshoe = throwing in dip all around the tops and bottoms of your lips, between teeth and outer gums.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Was never much of a dipper, but I did smoke for 22 years.

Have been quit for almost 2 years.  Wasnt easy, did the patch thing for a week.  
Gained thirty pounds also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IANAD.  I wonder if I can get a pic and upload?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IANAD.  I wonder if I can get a pic and upload?

Lets SEE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top