Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:12:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Bout time they stopped trying to trap a brother.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I told ya bitches are crazy...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Women are increasingly seeking inappropriate IVF treatment because they do not have the time or inclination for a sex life and want to "diarise" their busy lives.

One would think if they don't have the time in their "busy lives" to have a relationship and a sex life in order to get pregnant, just how do they expect to have the time to raise a child?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Women are increasingly seeking inappropriate IVF treatment because they do not have the time or inclination for a sex life and want to "diarise" their busy lives.

One would think if they don't have the time in their "busy lives" to have a relationship and a sex life in order to get pregnant, just how do they expect to have the time to raise a child?

Ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
when they get used to not having fathers I hope to have a lot of sexual excursions :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder how they're going to screw men with this.

Probably have sex with some guy right after the IVF and say, "it's yours! Gimme child support!"

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Probably have sex with some guy right after the IVF and say, "it's yours! Gimme child support!"

Paternity test.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paternity test.

Which is what guys like you and I immediately say we want. However, there are plenty of gullible fools out there that will accept those words at face value. It happens all the time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Wealthy career women in their 30s and early 40s

All the more proof, as I always say, that "career women" are the most f-ed up people on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
they're always trying to withhold pie from ya
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HOROR!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
"Fuck 'em," says I.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Oddly enough - My wife and I have experience with using the British NHS for an IVF procedure.

Trust me - it would be FAR less complicated and time consuming to just go out and get laid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bout time they stopped trying to trap a brother.

That reminds me of an onion headline:

"Area woman aborts plan to trap boyfriend into marriage"

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I told ya bitches are crazy...

Was there ever any doubt?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duh. Daycare and Nannies.

Then why have kids at all?
Selfcentered maybe?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Duh. Daycare and Nannies.

Then why have kids at all?
Selfcentered maybe?

Women?
Self-centered?

No way...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
<snip>
Selfcentered maybe?
</snip>

Aren't all women selfcentered?

ETA: VooDoo beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#23]
why is it that some people just can't quote a post correctly
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's what my wife says:  "Why would you sign up for months of morning sickness, swollen ankles, weight gain, and no sleep for years to come, without at least getting a few orgasms out of it?"
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Here's what my wife says:  "Why would you sign up for months of morning sickness, swollen ankles, weight gain, and no sleep for years to come, without at least getting a few orgasms out of it?"

Wait wait wait...

WOMEN can have ORGASMS?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

Who cares!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking! You can be sure most of these kids will get to know the legal system well someday!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is the head of the dating agency:

CWO
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
So here they're choosing IVF (test tube baby) over artificial insemination (frozen daddy-cicle)?  

This about sums it up:

"People want everything now. If they can't have a baby now, they want IVF. They think it's no different from putting your name down for a handbag. Some people are horrified by the idea that they have to have sex two to three times a week. About 10 per cent of people I see don't have time to have sex. It's usually when you have two professionals who are based in the city and are very busy.

It's not just the single women, it's those freaky yuppy couples too.  You know the ones that get a bigger boner over brown nosing their boss than they do over their wife or husband.

Product of our greedy, self-centered, fast-food society.  

Oh, Beltfedleadhead: yes, women have orgasms, but I suppose from your surprise at the notion that they must not be having any with you.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It's not just the single women, it's those freaky yuppy couples too.  You know the ones that get a bigger boner over brown nosing their boss than they do over their wife or husband.

They're slaves.  They are wholly beholden to our deus ex machina of a society to the point where they are willing to give up one of the most central aspects of their humanity.  It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

www.snopes.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#32]
What makes them so sure we would want to have sex with them? Probably just a bunch of ugly dikey bitches.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Oh, Beltfedleadhead: yes, women have orgasms, but I suppose from your surprise at the notion that they must not be having any with you.  

Guess I shoulda added a or maybe a to avoid confusion.

Hey, good call on the snopes link. I emailed them, and they assured me it WAS a myth after all.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#34]
" In- Vitro Fertilization girls gone wild"
....just doesn't have the same impact.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

....It's not just the single women, it's those freaky yuppy couples too.  You know the ones that get a bigger boner over brown nosing their boss than they do over their wife or husband.....

Explain this part to me again.  I'd love to see any supporting references as well.

J. Reno
(proud parent of an IVF child)
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

....It's not just the single women, it's those freaky yuppy couples too.  You know the ones that get a bigger boner over brown nosing their boss than they do over their wife or husband.....

Explain this part to me again.  I'd love to see any supporting references as well.

J. Reno

reference the topic article.  It mentions parents who don't even try to conceive naturally because they are too busy in their work life.  I don't have a problem with IVF or daddy-pops either for that matter.  I do have a problem with people that are so busy in their work life that they don't even have time to.... "excercise their marital privledges" yet they think they have time to have a baby.  

congrats on the little one!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

www.snopes.com

Why did you put that link?  Snopes has nothing about this under their pregnancy file...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

www.snopes.com

Why did you put that link?  Snopes has nothing about this under their pregnancy file...

He is referring to the lie, propagated by the main stream media, that women can have orgasms.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J. Reno

reference the topic article.  It mentions parents who don't even try to conceive naturally because they are too busy in their work life.  I don't have a problem with IVF or daddy-pops either for that matter.  I do have a problem with people that are so busy in their work life that they don't even have time to.... "excercise their marital privledges" yet they think they have time to have a baby.  

Let me give you a bit of insight into going through an IVF procedure.

It takes months - yes, I said months.  

First, the couple will need to both go through a medical exam.  Then, there is the injection series that the female will need to go through.  From there, she will need an exam in which they will remove her eggs.  From there, they will need to wait while the eggs are fertilized and selected for transfer.  Then, once again, you will need to have a procedure to have the fertilized eggs transferred.  

Now, at this point, you have spent in excess of $10,000 (in the US) and you have less than a 50% chance of becoming pregnant.

So, your statement:

I do have a problem with people that are so busy in their work life that they don't even have time to.... "excercise their marital privledges"

doesn't really add up, does it?  Despite what this one article states, it's far easier to take 15 minutes and to schtup your old lady than it does to go through IVF.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

www.snopes.com

He is referring to the lie, propagated by the main stream media, that women can have orgasms.

+1...it is a total lie..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J. Reno

First, the couple will need to both go through a medical exam.  Then, there is the injection series that the female will need to go through.  From there, she will need an exam in which they will remove her eggs.  From there, they will need to wait while the eggs are fertilized and selected for transfer.  Then, once again, you will need to have a procedure to have the fertilized eggs transferred.  

Now, at this point, you have spent in excess of $10,000 (in the US) and you have less than a 50% chance of becoming pregnant.

So, your statement:

I do have a problem with people that are so busy in their work life that they don't even have time to.... "excercise their marital privledges"

doesn't really add up, does it?  Despite what this one article states, it's far easier to take 15 minutes and to schtup your old lady than it does to go through IVF.

According to this article: www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/25/nivf25.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/09/25/ixportaltop.html

snip

Michael Dooley, a gynaecologist, obstetrician and fertility expert, said that in the past five years he has seen a 20 per cent increase in the number of patients seeking "inappropriate or premature" IVF treatment.

snip

"People want everything now. If they can't have a baby now, they want IVF. They think it's no different from putting your name down for a handbag. Some people are horrified by the idea that they have to have sex two to three times a week. About 10 per cent of people I see don't have time to have sex. It's usually when you have two professionals who are based in the city and are very busy.

All your post says is that you believe the article is bogus.  Why do you need me to explain my yuppy comment?  Why don't you just say you think the whole article if FOS?

Do you think I was saying that only yuppy freaks use IVF?  If so, that's a stretch.  From my previous post, you can acuse me of believing an article you believe is bogus, but you can't acuse me of saying that "only freaky yuppies have IVF".  

Maybe I should have said "some yuppy freak couples" so as not to offend the majority of yuppies that I must assume are just A-ok?  Help me out here, what's the offense?

Yes, I believe there are people stupid enough to jump to IVF thinking it will be easier and fit their busy schedules better than nookie a few nights a week.  I also believe there are doctors out there that will just go along with it and give the client what they want.  Are they the majority? no way.  Are they out there? probably.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J. Reno

So, your statement:

As opposed to spending several years actually getting off work at 5pm and going on dates in order to find a suitable spouse for life. Then actually putting your spouse and marriage before your job and changing your life to accomodate the invariably human behavior of the one you chose as a life partner.

These aren't the people who did all that and then went through the EXTRA hassle of IVF!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wait wait...

www.snopes.com

At least somebody got the joke.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Exactly what I was thinking! You can be sure most of these kids will get to know the legal system well someday!

And/or the social service system.....

I knew a secretary at work once who was divorced with custody of her two small boys.  Those boys, in her words, were "uncontrollable."  All she really needed was a strong male figure around them to counterbalance and call them on their bullshit, preferably the father; but I guess he was gone and out of the picture.  I felt a bit sorry for her because I raised two small boys as a single parent and they came out pretty good.  But I think if they had been girls, I might have been in the same position that she was.  When it comes to figuring out women (even young ones) I'm pretty clueless.  I'm sure they would have had me wrapped around their little fingers....maybe.

Maybe that's why the good lord gave me boys instead of girls.  Everything happens for a reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top