Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 6:03:59 PM EDT
Well.. I've blown about a grand on different Doctors and their "treatments/misdiagnosis". Would be nice if you could get your money back when they're wrong or the "Wow, I've never seen anything like that." comes out.
Anywho, finally figured out on my own what I have, Acropustulosis... yay!

Acropustulosis (acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau)
This rare type of psoriasis is characterized by skin lesions on the ends of the fingers and sometimes on the toes. The eruption occasionally starts after an injury to the skin or infection. Often the lesions are painful and disabling, producing deformity of the nails. Occasionally bone changes occur in severe cases. This form has traditionally been hard to treat.  

Now what? I did some research and came up blank. Guess they're right when they say I have one of the rarest forms of psoriasis (5-10%). So I'm starting to wonder what the worst effects are if left to go on it's course. I've noticed how 4 of my finger nails are now flaking off, warped or extreamly thin. How all my finger tips have these lovely little blisters that like to crack open, etc.
I guess u can tell I'm a little upset over this. I just don't know what to do. No cure... nothing seems to help people with it... and my fingers hurt like hell. (more somedays than others.)

Venting out of the way... anyone have any luck with over the counter meds? I've tried quite a few RX (mostly antifungle and eczema) and over the counter stuff. Calomine lotion was helping a little, but seems it became immune to it. I'm going to try some psoriasis stuff I picked up from walmart and see what happens. Just figured with a large board like ARF I'm sure some other people might have it, and can tell me if I can do anything. Thanks in advance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top