Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 5:27:45 PM EDT
Saturday  several of us got together to have a military rifle shoot.........Basically we shot at clay pidgeons at 100 yds..............5 rds for 5 clays.......Then we moved over to the 200 yrd side for 5 rds for 5 balloons................Bragging rights were won by AKASL,A member here.......he cheated and used a scope tho!!!...............We hade several Garands show up, some in 308, some in original caliber!................Some AR's.........an M-1 Carbine an SKS and  a downfold AK.............A couple guys brought their .50 BMG Rifles........and those were shot as a side show to the original task at hand. Fun was had by all.This may become an annual event!...................We wanted as few rules as possible to keep it more fun than anything else.

....This is the Range.......100 yrd line on the right,200 yrd line on the left and 300 yrd down the middle.

.....The shooters , some still shooting, some finished.

.......The shoot-off..............AKASL in the ghey pink shirt and Ron on the right shooting an SKS..........AKASL came out on top but  Ron gave him a run for his money.

.........AKASL , aiming in with one of the .50's

...This is Matt. He has one tour in the Sandbox already and will be heading out for another. He gave us several several first hand account on combat in Iraq......We all thanked him for his service and wished him well....................We also picked his brain on gear !!!

...Another pic of Matt shooting the other .50.......He used a Bushy for the actual shoot.

.............AKASL in his ghey pink shirt

...................MK4Mod0 sighting in his AR that AKASL and MK4Mod0 put together.

.........AKASL and Jim setting up  one of the .50's

I hope you guys like the pics.............Some of them came out a little dark, I was watching the line and taking pics at the same time.

As I said we had a ton of fun and look forward to doing it again next year.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like fun
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing the pics from your shoot.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a damn good time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pics thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Need some close-ups of that Yugo 59/66.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Need some close-ups of that Yugo 59/66.

.I'll see if I can get some later this week!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

...................MK4Mod0 sighting in his AR that AKASL and MK4Mod0 put together.

What kind of FS is that??
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Mk4Mod0 The t-shirt was light red not pink like you suggested. Your camera must be leaning to the ghey side.

But yes a good time was had by all those who attended and I will certainly shoot again next year. As far as taking the scope off you can forget it. My eyes are not that good anymore so I won't be doing that. Next year I'll bring my Mk4 Enfield in .303 Brit.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
That my friend, is a custom made m-60 almost look alike!!...............It works nice  and looks OK and the price was right!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like fun, TIS A VERY NICE RANGE SETUP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top