Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 4:15:00 PM EDT
Check out FlightAware. It is a free service that allows you to track commercial and some non-commercial flights. For instance, your family can look up your flight when it is in the air and see the real status, not whatever the airline is saying. If you're a general aviation pilot, filing IFR flight plans will allow your family to track you as well.

I don't get anything out of pimping this service, but I do know the guys that wrote it. As a pilot, I consider it a valuble tool.

ETA: For example, you can see all of the flights in and out of Boeing Field in Seattle. You can track Continental flight 414, or you can track any airplane.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
this is called a bump. I can't fathom there are no other pilots on arfcom
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Weak link-fu.

Your original (first) link goes to flightware.com, which sells Flight Ware Point of Sale systems.

I had to add the "A" in the link to get to flightaware.com.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a great Heads Up.  Thanks!

myit
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Your original (first) link goes to flightware.com, which sells Flight Ware Point of Sale systems.
I had to add the "A" in the link to get to flightaware.com.

duh! thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top