Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 3:48:55 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4874817

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
lol

---------------

KingFlorez-
"This doesn't sound true".

---------------

No shit!  KingFlorez is a genius.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Cut and paste, please don't make us go there

GM
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If they claim he wasn't elected for his first term then...............

CRC
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
tbuxtable (12 posts)      Sat Sep-24-05 07:48 PM
Original message
BREAKING: Bush Sues For Third Term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Snip-

President George W. Bush filed a lawsuit in US Court Of Appeals for Washington DC today to allow him to run for a third term in 2008.

"The President wants to run for a third term because he was not elected in 2000," Solicitor General Paul Clement told reporters after filing the suit.

"He was overwhelmingly elected in 2004 and this will be his first legitimate term. So he thinks he should be able to run again and so do I." Clement continued.

Since 1951 presidents have been prevented from serving more than two terms with the passage of the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution. However they can serve up to 10 years due to the death of the previous president if they were vice president. However Bush's unprecented suit looks to change that.

"I can't believe they're trying that," a dumbfounded Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean responded when told about the challenge.

-SNIP-

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Rofl...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
TwoSparkles  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-05 11:53 PM
Response to Original message
21. This story is not on Google anywhere, or on Yahoo News...
...it's not real.

I guess the poster is trolling for reactions.

Ok, here ya go:

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!! WHY!!! WHY!!???? OHTHEHUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!

ACK PTHHPT!!!!

They pulled it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee... I wonder what type of person would have dropped that bit of info on them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top