Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 12:19:46 PM EDT
I have a problem car here.  It has one of those fucking Viper alarms and has gone into starter disable mode.  Problem is, the electonics are gone from the keychain.  Anyone know how I can disable the alarm box itself so this worthless thing is driveable again?  I'm not too pleased with it blocking my driveway.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
you could try to take out the fuse...that could work.

if not contact either Viper or the place that put it in and see what they can tell you
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You have tried to use the remote switch with the key to disable, right?

On my Viper-equipped rig, there is a small steel plunger installed on the left side panel down at the same level as the brake pedal.  Depress that while turning the ignition to half cock.  There should be some kind of two-stage click as the alarm disarms.

My stupid system will arm itself sometimes; seems like cold weather has something to do with it, but I can hardly imagine why.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top