[#2]

Quoted:
Google Bomb

yep...
------------------------------
Googlebombing 'failure'
9/16/2005 12:54:00 PM

Posted by Marissa Mayer, Director of Consumer Web Products

If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House’s official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose

------------------------

googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/googlebombing-failure.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Right below it someone Googlebombed Michael Moore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
2_of_5 that is the best avatar EVER!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It works both ways.  Google "French Military Victories" and then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky".
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#6]
There used to be a spoof site when you would google "weapons of mass destruction" and hit i'm feeling lucky. it would go to one of those "404 error file not found" things, but it would be all jokes about wmd's in iraq... alas, it is no longer to be found...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
google bombed
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Notice that Micheal Moore's site is right under it, I mean damn I knew google was acruate and all but this is getting riduclas!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to 2001
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It works both ways.  Google "French Military Victories" and then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky".

Dang. That's harsh.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There used to be a spoof site when you would google "weapons of mass destruction" and hit i'm feeling lucky. it would go to one of those "404 error file not found" things, but it would be all jokes about wmd's in iraq... alas, it is no longer to be found...

Yea i remember that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top