Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 6:32:45 PM EDT
don't be such a dumbass and forget to hang up!!

Can ya' say......................owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Been divorced for awhile now as many of you know.  Was very very hard for me (and you know that as well).  Tried to get ex to come back to me.....blah blah blah.  Finally moved on and started working on me.  Running, eating right, lifting weights, etc.  Physically, and finally mentally, I've come a long way.    Matter of fact, with hard work, encouragement from family and ARFCOM, I've flat out kicked a$$.   Thanks to many, I am back.............I am stronger physically I've ever been in my life, mentally, and working on becoming the Christian person I know I can become.

Ok, enough of the background, and patting myself on the back.  Anyway, I have noticed my ex (who got remarried almost two years ago now) has been pretty short with me, almost mad at me.  Don't really know why, but I think seeing the improvements I've made with myself, my daughters, and hooking up with a flat out hot chicky-poo has brought my ex over the top.

I get a message on my answering machine from my ex.  She told me about something I already knew, and then hung the phone up.............well, she thought she hung her cell phone up.  She was real nice on the machine, but after she "hung up", she immediately went on to change into this person I never knew.  She was talking, almost hysterically to her husband, about "the dumb son-of-a-bitch already has his stupid girlfriend on the answering machine (hot girlfriend bought me a new digital phone and put her greetings on there since I'm too stupid to figure out the new thing.  Anyway, ex goes on to just rip us both up one side and down the other, make fun of my hot girlfriend, etc etc.  She does this for about a minute.

Ok, here's my question....................can I use this against her?  I would like to make a few changes in my child support money, evening out the health care expenses...........basically getting her to pay for 50 % of the girls.  

I have 50% joint and physical custody.  I will be contacting my cousin the kics a$$ attorney in a  week or two, but I guess when it gets right down to it, kinda fun to listen to my ex just bury herself.  

But then again..............it's kinda sad.

vmax84

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
doubt that would do you any good in court, but it sure is sweet revenge..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the world of divorce.  Forget about using this to your legal advantage.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
And in all honesty, I don't push my ex's buttons, be mean to her, etc, etc.  Matter of fact, I've very polite with her and treat her with respect and dignity.  

I am, however, kinda surprised how much anger she has pent up inside her.  I don't flaunt my hot girlfriend in front of her.............I'm simply trying to get on with my life and raise my daughters the best I can.  Really.

Where this venom comes from, I seriously do not know.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
POST THE AUDIO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Call her up and play it back to her.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
POST THE AUDIO

Forget that.  Let's see this girlfriend that we've been hearing so much about!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
POST THE AUDIO

+1  This thread is worthless without audio!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I called her back after I had gotten the message, and left a message on her machine.  I simply asked her to remember to push the "end message" or whatever it takes to end the transmission before she says things like that.  Told her I'm glad the girls weren't in the room to hear what she had said.  I said goodbye, wished her a nice evening, and hung up.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#10]
... Ha!

... I remember a very similar incident to this myself years ago.

... Your thread brought a huge grin to my face!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I called her back after I had gotten the message, and left a message on her machine.  I simply asked her to remember to push the "end message" or whatever it takes to end the transmission before she says things like that.  Told her I'm glad the girls weren't in the room to hear what she had said.  I said goodbye, wished her a nice evening, and hung up.

vmax84

Wouldn't you like to see the look on her face when she realizes what you heard???

Woody
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
POST THE AUDIO

Forget that.  Let's see this girlfriend that we've been hearing so much about!

Well, let's see..............being the classy chick that she is, I couldn't post pics, however, I can describe her:

Very pretty woman, classy classy classy woman, incredible morals, very family orientated, just an all around great woman.  I've known her since 7th grade (we are both 40 now), dated her a few times in high school, and we've finally after all these years hooked up again.  5'2", 115 pounds, brunette, can cook like my Mom , and she enjoys working out with me, and, .............here's the clincher.............she said she wants to go to the range with me sometime  

She's a keeper.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
We've actually been dating for over a year now.  She just keeps getting better and better.  

For some reason, she just thinks yours truely is the cats meow............."I'm so lucky, Steve........get to be with a guy who treats me right, a pilot, and our old high school quarterback. "

How's that ole saying go:  "sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut".   Lots of ways to twist that saying, but it is quite refreshing to be with a classy woman.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

vmax84

Jealousy, what else?

Make part of her message part of your voicemail greeting.  Say somethig like, "Please leave a message, but dont be like this idiot who forgot to hang up.....[then play ex-wifes Dr. Jeckl to Hyde transformation]."
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]
But it does make me a little sad to listen to my ex like that.  You really think you know someone sometimes, but then, maybe you don't.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

Jealousy, what else?

Make part of her message part of your voicemail greeting.  Say somethig like, "Please leave a message, but dont be like this idiot who forgot to hang up.....[then play ex-wifes Dr. Jeckl then Hyde transformation]."

I thought about that for a minute (the devel inside of me), but then I got thinking that she's the one who has to look at herself in the mirror.  I find it hard to believe she likes what she sees.  Pretty woman?  Yep..........Mrs. Ex is a very pretty woman.   But I think deep down she has some issues.  And that makes me sad.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, at least you got way from her.  I've known many women like that in my life.  (Can you say "ex-wife"?)  They are miserable, two-faced,  and they wish failure upon everyone.  They just drag you down.  Thank God I re-married and got it right, finally.

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.  Maybe a different direction than if you were still with her.  Good for you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I know how you feel.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
If your daughter was there when she did it, maybe.  You can show she's raising the girl in a hostile enviroment and poisoning her against you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If your daughter was there when she did it, maybe.  You can show she's raising the girl in a hostile enviroment and poisoning her against you.

Well, I'm just glad she wasn't in the room when i pushed the play button.  I'm glad she wasn't with the ex and I'm glad she wasn't in the room when I pushed the play button.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#21]
TPIWWAudio!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
And in all honesty, I don't push my ex's buttons, be mean to her, etc, etc.  Matter of fact, I've very polite with her and treat her with respect and dignity.  

I am, however, kinda surprised how much anger she has pent up inside her.  I don't flaunt my hot girlfriend in front of her.............I'm simply trying to get on with my life and raise my daughters the best I can.  Really.

vmax84

That's exactly how you should handle this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
doubt that would do you any good in court, but it sure is sweet revenge..

+1

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

For some reason, she just thinks yours truely is the cats meow............."I'm so lucky, Steve........get to be with a guy who treats me right, a pilot, and our old high school quarterback. "

Wow, you know about the three other guys and you're OK with that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyway, I have noticed my ex (who got remarried almost two years ago now) has been pretty short with me, almost mad at me. Don't really know why, but I think seeing the improvements I've made with myself, my daughters, and hooking up with a flat out hot chicky-poo has brought my ex over the top.

<...>

vmax84

It drives your ex-wife crazy that you don't need her anymore. When she divorced you, she had visions of you pining away for the rest of your life for her, becoming a miserable, bitter wretch. She had dreams of taunting you, abusing you psychologically, and twisting the knife at every turn. You initially fed into this by trying to get her to come back.

Now, you have singularly dashed those dreams of hers, and by doing so you have won the war. She can't stand the thought that you are actually happier without her, as this means that there was probably something wrong with her in the first place that was keeping you from being that happy, and she can't bear to face that reality.

She sees you mentally healthy, physically fit, responsible, loving, with another woman (who sounds wonderful), and absolutely uncaring and oblivious to your ex-wife's desire to see you as a failure and that drives her crazy. You were supposed to be a miserable failure after she ditched you since she probably saw you as unworthy of her deigning to originally.

Congratulations, sir. You have proven once again that living well is the best revenge.

Good luck with your girls, your new life, and your new honey; you deserve it all. Treat your ex-wife with the detached, mildly-bemused pity that she deserves.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you know about the three other guys and you're OK with that?

Other 2 guys, he's the high school football star, and he reminisces every day at the shoe store where he works with Griff......................................

No Ma'am.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#28]
i wanna hear it
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Post the audio please.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Other 2 guys, he's the high school football star, and he reminisces every day at the shoe store where he works with Griff......................................

No Ma'am.

Your name isn't by any chance AL BUNDY is it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Ma'am.

Your name isn't by any chance AL BUNDY is it?

No, not me, but vmax84 went to Polk High.............................
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyway, I have noticed my ex (who got remarried almost two years ago now) has been pretty short with me, almost mad at me. Don't really know why, but I think seeing the improvements I've made with myself, my daughters, and hooking up with a flat out hot chicky-poo has brought my ex over the top.

<...>

vmax84

It drives your ex-wife crazy that you don't need her anymore. When she divorced you, she had visions of you pining away for the rest of your life for her, becoming a miserable, bitter wretch. She had dreams of taunting you, abusing you psychologically, and twisting the knife at every turn. You initially fed into this by trying to get her to come back.

Now, you have singularly dashed those dreams of hers, and by doing so you have won the war. She can't stand the thought that you are actually happier without her, as this means that there was probably something wrong with her in the first place that was keeping you from being that happy, and she can't bear to face that reality.

She sees you mentally healthy, physically fit, responsible, loving, with another woman (who sounds wonderful), and absolutely uncaring and oblivious to your ex-wife's desire to see you as a failure and that drives her crazy. You were supposed to be a miserable failure after she ditched you since she probably saw you as unworthy of her deigning to originally.

You, sir, have nailed it 100%.  This is exactly it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd save a copy of the tape/message recording. In my state a recording between me and someone else is legal to use in court, a recording of other people talking is not. My ex tried to get full custody of our 2 kids last year in October, I pulled out old recordings and e-mails showing her true colors. We had joint custudy and had each had a kid living with us. WELL, now both kids live with me and she pays me child support.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<...>

vmax84

You, sir, have nailed it 100%.  This is exactly it.

B-I-N-G-O
X-Ring
Nothing but net
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I think you'll have to show that her indiscretion caused you some sort of damage - however I would use it to my advantage if I were you.  I would as cooly as possible make mention of a few things she brought up.....like

"I know you're having a difficult time with my cute new girlfriend but our daughters need you to hold things together."

Or "I was a little a bashed by the message you left on my phone - I just want you to know that I've moved on with my life and hope you can as well."

Patty
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Send her a copy of the tape, followed by you and your woman laughing your asses off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Put the ex's message as your new message. Start it out with; "This is the last message from my ex. After her bitching, please leave a message". It'd be good for many a laugh.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

That's exactly how you should handle this.

+1

Just enjoy life like you're already doing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Put the ex's message as your new message. Start it out with; "This is the last message from my ex. After her bitching, please leave a message". It'd be good for many a laugh.

+1!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#41]
If I were you I'd take the high road with this.

The best revenge is living well. Your prosperity is already eating her up. Why sink to her level, you've already won.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I thoguht you said you were working on being a Christian? Revenge?

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

Jealousy, what else?

Make part of her message part of your voicemail greeting.  Say somethig like, "Please leave a message, but dont be like this idiot who forgot to hang up.....[then play ex-wifes Dr. Jeckl then Hyde transformation]."

I thought about that for a minute (the devel inside of me), but then I got thinking that she's the one who has to look at herself in the mirror.  I find it hard to believe she likes what she sees.  Pretty woman?  Yep..........Mrs. Ex is a very pretty woman.   But I think deep down she has some issues.  And that makes me sad.  

vmax84

Sounds pretty simple, as humans are.

Your Ex is hurting because she realizes that she fucked up. If she didn't care and was over you, you wouldn't even register on her radar.

The best revenge is living well.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#44]
The high road is your best option for this.  Remember that what ever you do to your ex, you're doing to your daughter's mother.  Everybody seems to think they can keep the kids out of these type situations, but when there's tension between ex's the children feel caught in the middle 99% of the time.  Even if the tension/problem has nothing to do with the kids.  

Secondly, think about how your ex's husband feels about this.  Not with compassion, but with a shit eatin' grin on your face knowing that it's eating him up inside that she's so pissed. She raised hell about your girlfriend when it shouldn't matter one bit to her.   Her emotion about all the things positive in your life almost insures that she will continue to have relationship problems.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The best revenge is living well. Your prosperity is already eating her up. Why sink to her level, you've already won.

+a gazillion

You have to continue to interact with your ex for the sake of your daughters.  It's not worth the few minutes of happiness rubbing your ex's face in it (which you as a Christian shouldn't be enjoying anyway) when doing so could cause years of disharmony.  Continue doing what you're doing and focus on living your life as best you can and do not divert any of your energy to trying to hurt your ex.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Tag for oil wrestling match of ex vs. new hottie
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Well said
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1!

now THAT would be funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top