Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 6:04:19 PM EDT
I got "let go" from my job today.( Real Estate) This was my first job since college, and it kinda sucks. I have guns to buy and this will hurt my gun addiction.

Anyway, I was "let go" not for performance, but for "personal reasons" turns out my boss hired one of her friends for my job. So they fired me to give her friend a new job.

Oh well, I will take the weekend off and look for work next week

Thanks for listening.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry Dude.

Network hard, and don't be afraid to let the network know why you are jobless. You can't really explain in a job interview so you need to let the network pre-explain for you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks....

Burn the place down.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Call up your former employer's biggest competitor and work down the list from there.
Didnt you network?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
UZI4you: Sorry to hear that, but at least you got a real honest to-goodness reason, I know that is little consolation, but today so many people are being let-go, just be "let-go."
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Lezbos!  That's one thing I hate:  a woman who gets more pussy than me!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyway, I was "let go" not for performance, but for "personal reasons" turns out my boss hired one of her friends for my job. So they fired me to give her friend a new job.

I know you don't want to hear it right now, but working for someone like that, this will be better in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got "let go" from my job today.( Real Estate) This was my first job since college, and it kinda sucks. I have guns to buy and this will hurt my gun addiction.

Oh well, I will take the weekend off and look for work next week

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Guy, from the sound of it, you don't want to work there!  They did you a favor.  Besides, one job after college?  You need to get out there and spread your wings.

As Mr. Zorg sez: "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger!"
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I got "let go" from my job today.

Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Be sure and let them know that you enjoyed working for them,and leave a forwarding number!

Cause you and I know it will not work out!!

Friends and work usually don't work out!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Laid off twice in sa six month period.. Know how you feel dude..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm praying for you dude. Hope you get a job soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Been laid off before...... it sucks. I just recently found another job. Something else will come along.... besides this day in age even a "permanent" job is only temporary! The days of stable jobs in the United States are over!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hear that, good luck

Don't forget to get a letter of reccommendation from them RIGHT NOW
(put the original in a safe place and make some copies)then update your resume
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top