Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 12:51:47 PM EDT
I've studied blueprints of refineries, toured them. Whole 9 yards.
Lets say one wanted to work in a refinery, or even more interesting on a platform.

Where does one go to find jobs like this?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've studied blueprints of refineries, toured them. Whole 9 yards.
Lets say one wanted to work in a refinery, or even more interesting on a platform.

Where does one go to find jobs like this?

Texas.

Or, alternatively, Saudi Arabia.

Enjoy.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for 2 year programs in process control and instrumentation if you want to be an operator. There's one at the University of Alaska, Anchorage. Dont know where else there'd be one, but Texas would be a good bet.

www.kpc.alaska.edu/academics/aas_ind_process.html

Otherwise, get a 4 year degree in petroleum or chemical engineering.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Mechanical Engineering is also a popular degree for field work,,

i am a student in my senior year of Mech Eng and i work for Halliburton, play evil noises right now. and i know we hire a lot of Mech Eng to do platform work just a thought
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mechanical Engineering is also a popular degree for field work,,

i am a student in my senior year of Mech Eng and i work for Halliburton, play evil noises right now. and i know we hire a lot of Mech Eng to do platform work just a thought

Did you design Dick Cheney's Huricane Machine?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to the gulf coast walk into any one a dozens of drilling company offices and ask for an application.

You will start at the bottom and work your way up.

Good luck.

If you want to work inland.

Call Nabors, Scan ,Patterson, Martex,  or any number of the hundreds of drilling companies drilling on the CONUS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top