BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 11:14:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ship it to Africa
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it. So what else is new? FEMA has to change hats, from anti-terrorist focused to relief.
SNAFU-Situation Normal All Fouled Up
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Imagine that, a government bureaucracy doing something stupid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Nobody is starving.  We do not need mad cow in our food chain from an obvious source.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hope this turned out to be untrue……

19 September 2005
"Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such rations, yet the starving of the American South will see them go up in smoke because of FDA red tape madness."

The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations.

Not this shit again. Dupe.

You quite frankly ought to be able to decipher bullshit from a real story.

I am really getting sick of the childish bullshit from the European press. Fuck them… they have managed to turn this disaster in to another hate America fest.

This is not about Europe and their fucking anti American crap.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the first time I heard this it was German rations.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Nobody is starving.

And if they are nobody could find them to help them anyway.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
The food is not fit for consumption ==> Not FDA approved.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Welcome to our world.  Except our foreign aid is consumed and our country cursed.  We at least said thank you before tossing it.

Guess the mad cow regs won't be waived.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]
If this really happens, don't expect any other countries to ever again lift a finger to help the US with anything like this in the future.

We might as well just have literally spit in their faces as they tried to help us.
I am disgusted.

And we were shocked when people in NOLA shot at rescuers.  I don't see this as all that different.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#12]
If this is true, someone's career needs to end.  Absolutely unfuckingbelievable.  Sorry Vito.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nobody is starving.  We do not need mad cow in our food chain from an obvious source.

Mad Cow in an MRE?
LoL, in a VEGETARIAN MRE?

Though its very likely the MRE's they are shipping to us are undesireble for one reason or another.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#14]
The German rations were handed out with no problems. So if rations from the UK were not distributed, did it ever occur to some of you that there might actually be a LEGITIMATE reason for not doing so?

Think people. Don't succumb to the freaking knee jerk reactionary stuff the liberal press wants you to succumb to.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The German rations were handed out with no problems. So if rations from the UK were not distributed, did it ever occur to some of you that there might actually be a LEGITIMATE reason for not doing so?

Think people. Don't succumb to the freaking knee jerk reactionary stuff the liberal press wants you to succumb to.

A legitimate reason to refuse pre-packed, sealed, NATO-standard British 24-hour ration packs, which, I might add, are in my experience generally pretty damn good?  No, no possible legitimate reason occurs to me.  There might be one, but it certainly isn't obvious.  Now, I bet there are some bureaucratically defensible reasons that they weren't distributed, but that certainly doesn't mean they make sense to real people.

Hell, even if there were some legitimate concerns about the rations, which I highly doubt, I would much rather see them distributed and have some refugees get sick rather than blatantly insult our closest friend and ally in the world.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Only a child could not see that story as hose shit if they bother to actually think for a second.

A few pearls...

The aid worker, who would not be named, said:

yet the starving of the American South

and lets Americans starve.

Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of this crisis

This is utter madness

And at the end the reporter covers his ass…

The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at. There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs.

"They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."

It is written like it came out of a collage newspaper… a child should be able to see it for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a damned shame if true.  Next time, ask your fellow Brits to send them directly to AFCOMers.  We would have gratefully accepted such a generous contribution to our SHTF supplies.

While we are on the subject, do you think you can get the ball rolling on returning the guns we gave you to fight off the German invasion.  My Grandpappy sent over a S&W .38 and a .45 Tommygun which we would like sent back, since the threat of invasion is somewhat diminished.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ship it to Africa

AHAHAHA I thought it, you typed it though!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A legitimate reason to refuse pre-packed, sealed, NATO-standard British 24-hour ration packs, which, I might add, are in my experience generally pretty damn good?  No, no possible legitimate reason occurs to me.  There might be one, but it certainly isn't obvious.  Now, I bet there are some bureaucratically defensible reasons that they weren't distributed, but that certainly doesn't mean they make sense to real people.

Hell, even if there were some legitimate concerns about the rations, which I highly doubt, I would much rather see them distributed and have some refugees get sick rather than blatantly insult our closest friend and ally in the world.

That is absurd… you would rather people get sick… you really want to say that.

There are all sorts of legitimate reasons to hold them up for inspection…

Visible damage compromising some rations would mean holding all for inspection.

Misplaced packing list so that you have an unknown cargo.

And I am sure many more.

Please explain the starving Americans crap in the story and that it all could be sent for incineration bullshit.

This is a fucking hit piece plain and simple.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#20]
if they were unfit , they should have been destroyed discreetly
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
if they were unfit , they should have been destroyed discreetly

OK did anybody read the story through…

The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at. There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs.

"They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."

Nobody destroyed anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#22]
i would assume it was a meat problem, cause the Veggie MRE's were inspected and released
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i would assume it was a meat problem, cause the Veggie MRE's were inspected and released

No...

They are the only MREs we looked at.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry vito, but our .gov is FUBAR.  Always has been, always will be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not this shit again. Dupe.

Link?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=391461
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I believe it. So what else is new? FEMA has to change hats, from anti-terrorist focused to relief.
SNAFU-Situation Normal All Fouled Up

At least get the agency right. It's not FEMA it's the FDA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No... the bullshit story is FUBAR.  The whole damn thing reaks like an article in "The Inquirer".  It's total bullshit.  Next we'll all be up in arms over an article in Al Jazera.  It seems a lot of British press isn't much better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No... the bullshit story is FUBAR.  The whole damn thing reaks like an article in "The Inquirer".  It's total bullshit.  Next we'll all be up in arms over an article in Al Jazera.  It seems a lot of British press isn't much better.

Yes... Yes... Yes...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top