Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 7:45:10 PM EDT
I just dont get it, why was Wet & Wild canned, but not the goat thread!!! IMHO neither would offend anyone, but then again I'm not a Moderator and do not have that God like power. The dog picture was pretty mild, Hell that damn goat is showing PINK!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Again, it's not that you have to "protect" all sorts of groups.  Just that one group shouldn't be "super protected".  It's not a call for more moderation, really it's a call for less, but more fair moderation.  

If the mods choose to make it some crusade and moderate mob-handed, well that's only something they can work out.  If they choose to moderate fairly, and simply apply the same standard to one group as another, we may actually wind up with less moderation.

There will no doubt be some adjustment of fire before it's on target.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently when a board is filled with low intellect people it starts to reflect and respond to their needs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The Beer Slayer-
Agreed.  Zero tolerence doesn't work for anything.  The point is that maybe moderation should be throttled back on some areas, rather than increased in others.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In the interest of not offending anyone, anytime, anywhere (especially here!), let's make a list of topics which must never be commented upon, except in a positive manner:
1) Women in general, Miss Magnum in particular
2) Blacks, uh, excuse me, African Americans
3) People of Asian descent
4) LEO's
5) Military personnel, past and present
6) The United Nations and their well-intentioned activities
7) Jewish persons
8) Any one else--except me.  I am a white man of German descent, so, it's open season.

Please help out if I have missed anyone else who is in a "protected class."  Wouldn't want to offend anyone by not including them in the list of who not to offend.  [BD]
View Quote

well said beekeeper, if we are to start a list, its gonna be pretty looooong, I bet we could put everyone on the list EXCEPT white males, who as he all know are the root of all evil, and therefore its open season on them.
I'm with beerslayer on this too
[%(]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm probably not making myself very clear.  I have to shift to nights this week and I'm staying up late to change my schedule[;)]

I'm making the same point Miss Magnum was making.  That possibly we have gone to "overmoderation" because it's more PC and that maybe we should have a little less.  If you reread her responses to the "Locked three threads" thread (that's a handfull of keys) with that in mind you'll notice she's not calling for more moderation of anti-woman posts, but really less moderation, more common sense, and a fair aplication of the rules so that people aren't sitting there wondering "is this going to be PC?"

Ross

edited for spelling only[:o]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apparently when a board is filled with low intellect people it starts to reflect and respond to their needs.
View Quote

I see what you mean:
Quoted:
You people are so damn uptight, you'd swear he was trying to sell stem cells or something. Is it an insult to give a female dog a female name? this is a witch hunt and is blatantly stupid.
View Quote
View Quote

apparently you don't, but you make a great example.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#18]
What ever happened to the olde school philosophy, "Sticks & stones will break my bones"..........etc.[?][?]

If you can't run with the big dogs, keep your thin skinned politically correct ass on the porch!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top