Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:38:43 AM EDT
I see it all the time here and think I have an idea but would like to know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Jack Booted Thug

Concealed Handgun Permit
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]
"jbt" is "jack booted thug"

"chp" is "california highway patrol" i think...

ETA: d'oh! "concealed handgun permit"...aka "ccw" "carrying concealed weapon"
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#3]
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242923

JBT and CHP are not in there, but its a good reference.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
JBT = Jack Booted Thug.

A reference to an NRA campaign of olden times back when they had a backbone.

CHP = Concealed Handgun Permit, OR California Highway Patrol (think CHiPS)

(CHP are some of the JBTs who were tackling and dragging that little old lady from her home.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
CHP...

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
JBT=fast way to get your thread locked...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
JBT = Jiggly Butt Thumper

CHP = Cervical Hose Plunger
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CHP...

www.comicscardsandmore.com/nonsports/chips.JPG

IBTYAHP (In Before The "You're A Homo" Pic)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#10]
"JBT" is a term used by those who have applied numerous times to be a police officer, but for whatever reason, end up getting washed out of the testing process, and never get to be a police officer.  Then they spend their life talking about tactics, growing a big beer gut and a lard ass, and wearing camo, telling all these BS bravado stories of what they will do when the "JBT's come for my guns" and caling everyone who does not agree with them an "asshat" or a

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]
CHP = Corn Hole Pirate. Beware of splinters from the peg leg.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"JBT" is a term used by those who have applied numerous times to be a police officer, but for whatever reason, end up getting washed out of the testing process, and never get to be a police officer.  Then they spend their life talking about tactics, growing a big beer gut and a lard ass, and wearing camo, telling all these BS bravado stories of what they will do when the "JBT's come for my guns" and caling everyone who does not agree with them an "asshat" or a

hahahahaha it has become an injudiciously applied phrase that originated with the nra referring to the atf in their legendary ad...iirc.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thinking that everyone wants to be like you is.....arrogant.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#14]

pieceofstink

Again, well put.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top