Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 5:49:41 AM EDT

fox is reporting "seepage". not sure how to quantify that term.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It ain't leaking, it is pouring.....I saw the pics this morning.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
...and they have at least 5" of rain to look forward to.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
3-6" will cause the banks to overflow, the below should have at least that in it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If that damn place floods again I hope they have the common sense not to rebuild. Our Gov is spending our money like a druken sailor and we all are going to seriously pay the price in the future for it. I am sure the politicans are already thinking of bills to introduce as we speak to put a masive tax  on us to pay for this mess. I hate to say it but if this storm wipes out our refiners and seriously damages our Country's economy, something will have to give ASAP. I think that something might be our mission in Iraq. Bush may not like it but, I think he may not have a choice if the American people demand it.  Let's all hope this storm will not do the damage the experts are saying it will.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It's Bush's fault.......again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's Bush's fault.......again!

The levee is leaking because the people who aren't there are black, and the garbage laying in the streets used to belong to black people. That's how it is in Amerika.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#9]

The levee is leaking because the people who aren't there are black, and the garbage laying in the streets used to belong to black people. That's how it is in Amerika.

Please explain in detail how the levee is racist..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#10]

looks like its pouring over the levee in a waterfall 30 ft wide...

www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/23/D8CQ1E081.html

i imagine erosion will take care of the rest over the next several days.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#11]
The levee is now leaking because Bush didn't blow it up right the first time!!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#12]

I think this dude saw this coming.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Please explain in detail how the levee is racist..

Great. Another Arfcom racist.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Dozens of blocks in New Orleans now once again flooded. Water is waist deep in some areas and rising. It is actually flowing over the wall, not through it. But that will likely come later when all the rain gets there. Much of the area being flooded had just been pumped dry also.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Water flows through a breach in the repaired Inner Harbor Canal towards the Ninth Ward District Friday in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Why is this such a big deal.........the property has already been flooded and ruined. Why not just let the water go in, and fix the levee's correctly instead of "patching" them, then pump the water back out.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why is this such a big deal.........the property has already been flooded and ruined. Why not just let the water go in, and fix the levee's correctly instead of "patching" them, then pump the water back out.....

Well, that would be because there's a correct way of doing things, then there's the government's way of doing things.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Continual patching costs more, and that's more money that the NOLA city and state officials can steal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

its an expensive delay. and our tax money making little to no progress.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Here comes the rain again.....Falling on my head like a new emotion........

Bulldoze the city and call it a day
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here comes the rain again.....Falling on my head like a new emotion........

Bulldoze the city and call it a day

Can't do that.
A few ARFCOMers have an emotional attachement to the city.
Probably saw their first (and only) boobies there once and can't put it behind them.

NO should be preserved for its shipping and piping infrastructure and the the rest should be plowed or permanantly flooded.  My prediction (and preference) is a NO 1/3rd of the original size.  It's just a bad decision with billions of dollars of stupidity behind it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Run!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top