Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 5:11:22 AM EDT
Heard on the radio this AM that a lot of Mexicans are heading south instead of north to get away from the hurricane...  Tammy...Becky...  whatever one is this week.  They never say if they are talking about citizens, illegals, work-visa holders...  just Mexican.

Anyway, they are having trouble getting in Mexico!  They all have to stop at the border and get a temporary visa???   WTF?

I am guessing they are undocumented workers - oh, sorry, illegal immigrants, and their own damn country wants to keep track of them coming back.  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you are not missing anything.

There always has been and will always be a double standard.

Mexico want to send it's refuge here while keeping people out.

They bitch, whine, and moan about us (U.S.) trying to control our southern border while they patrol their southern border.

Just goes to show all their talk about 'open borders' is a smoke screen for their true desire of a one way crossing. They want their poor to come here. It helps to keep the riff raff down.

Imagine the rucus if we printed pampltes pointing out how cheap life, oops, I mean how cheap it is to live south of the border and helped all of our poor migrate to Mexico.

Pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a good one for ya.

I flew into Baltimore from Iraq.
Full civilian attire.

Customs/BP/DHS checked my ID. Enters it into the computer. Computer crashes. Try again, Computer crashes. ASks me if i have any weapons. OF course i do, two M16A2's. he asks if they are on my orders. I say yes. Meanwhile, he still cant' get the computer to work, so he allows me to enter.

So, Using only a DD form 2A, I was allowed to enter the US with two M16's, and no verification of anything else. ID could have been fake. lol...

Now, this might be labeled as "professional courtesy", and i appreciate it. But i'm no better than any other person. I'm greatful, but also somewhat worried at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top