Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 1:38:34 AM EDT
This asshat from the NOPD puts his personal vehicle in the garage ...( a BMW) and then tells me he will be ferrying in other police vehicles for the storm, and then he goes across the street, and picks thru some looted goods in the window of the souviner shop, selects two items, hops in his squad car with his driver, and then shows the driver what he stole.... amazing.... Sad. I called the PD,  but the phone desk would not get his supervisor..... Watch your backs. There are still, and will always be, problems out there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
At least he didn't shoot a dog.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At least he didn't shoot a dog.

I bet he shot it before you came around.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not the "Big Easy" for nothing
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This asshat from the NOPD puts his personal vehicle in the garage ...( a BMW) and then tells me he will be ferrying in other police vehicles for the storm, and then he goes across the street, and picks thru some looted goods in the window of the souviner shop, selects two items, hops in his squad car with his driver, and then shows the driver what he stole.... amazing.... Sad. I called the PD,  but the phone desk would not get his supervisor..... Watch your backs. There are still, and will always be, problems out there.

You should have taken some pics
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have, but it happened too fast, and I was in the lobby, he was outside, and the storm is here... Pics would have been worthless. Besides, he is in plainclothes except for his badge and gun. Did I mention the cornrows? or the three rings... This guy was not a good example of the NOPD
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would have, but it happened too fast, and I was in the lobby, he was outside, and the storm is here... Pics would have been worthless. Besides, he is in plainclothes except for his badge and gun. Did I mention the cornrows? or the three rings... This guy was not a good example of the NOPD

He was undercover and keeping up his reputation
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately I am not surprised considering the behaviour shown by many of the residents of the area, and being a cop does not automatically prevent someone from being a POS.  Get a pic next time he comes back, or find a reason to get his badge number if he is continuing to make return trips bringing in more cars.  

Doubtful it will do anything to call it in considering the widespread madness down there, but you gotta do what you can.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unfortunately I am not surprised considering the behaviour shown by many of the residents of the area, and being a cop does not automatically prevent someone from being a POS.  Get a pic next time he comes back, or find a reason to get his badge number if he is continuing to make return trips bringing in more cars.  

Doubtful it will do anything to call it in considering the widespread madness down there, but you gotta do what you can.  

Although the bastard deserves to be treated like all other looters, don't do it.

The 'Blue Wall' will come down on you like a giant Shit-hammer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't report it to the NO police.  They are in full cover up mode.
Report it to the LA State Police.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
New Orleans did not get the tag of "The Country's Most Corrupt Police Department" for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#16]
That "tag" does come from repoters and reporterettes.  There was a big 60 minutes show about it many years ago.  It might seem to be hokey, but if I recall correctly the investigation was started due to the very real statistic that NOPD was at the forefront of the nation for officer convictions.

BTW, I just saw a CNN piece about the police looting.  One of the people who filed a complaint went to the Louisiana State Police, and that's who you should call it in to.

-FGJ
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Our liason contact took it to their chief. Wanted it all down on paper. I even got the name of this tard later off his ID. He came back to park a vehicle..... We will see if it scratches the surface.....

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#18]
ITs just proof that in a SHTF situation . . . you can only trust yourself and your loved ones . . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#19]
But the N.O. Chief on TV last nite said that the cops were 'securing' property not stealing.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#20]

(Standing by for PhotoShop of Lootious in a NOPD uniform)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTJBTA
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#22]
tag.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I must have missed something here, your profile says TX. Now we know that the NOPD is "vacationing" in Texas, but are you saying Texas is experiencing looting of the stores too? Haven't seen anything on the news about it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#24]
In case va-gunnut is loitering by the keyboard scratching his trigger finger, I will not suggest that the "officer" should have been beaten or killed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Some gang members wear a badge.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
But the N.O. Chief on TV last nite said that the cops were 'securing' property not stealing.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Securing it in his trunk, home, garage and on his person.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#27]
To Self-Serve and Self-Protect
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#28]
The police cheif was on last night.  He said if you saw any police with anything they were just recovering stolen or lost good.  All items were in the property room at his home.  He will start inventoring it as soon as he can get some time off to go to his new home in Dallas.  He moved in the same area as the mayor.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Its not the "Big Sleasy " for nothing

No charge.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
New Orleans did not get the tag of "The Country's Most Corrupt Police Department" for nothing.

Who actually gave New Orleans that 'tag'?

What was the basis for it?

Trying to label any one city as the 'most' anything, is pointless, unless we can all agree on how it is to be measured.

Most number of police officers indicted for crimes? Or highest percentage of police officers indicted for crimes? Most internal investigations of police officers for infractions? Or highest percentage of police oficers who were internally investigated?

That 'tag' sounds like it came from some reporter or reporterette.

Eric The(StatisticallySpeaking)Hun

It was actually given by the USDOJ.  

New Orleans PD has had more corruption complaints lodged against it with the Justice Department then any other PD in the nation. Not complaints per capita, but total number. Considering NOPD is not even among the 20 largest in the country, that makes it even worse. Another Justice Department study found that NOPD has the highest rate of any major US city for PD officer indictments and convictions for corruption. It was only last year that NOPD finally got out from under an eight years of DOJ oversight due to the huge volume of citizen complaints and corruption problems.

Not to mention the two former NOPD officers on death row. Since last year in NO there have been: An NOPD officer caught plotting a bank robbery, two imprisoned for extorting money from passers-by (they would stop people on the street and demand $300 under threat of arrest - in Mexico they refer to this as having to pay la propina, but this is not Mexico ), two charged with aggravated rape (while in uniform), video of police looting in New Orleans last month, etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

That's rich.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top