Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 9:55:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like some pretty unsafe shooting techniques to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He's a trained professional.......unlike yourself
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's the only one professional enough to use that shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Impressive!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's the only one professional enough to use that shotgun.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually got the chance to see one of his performances in person a few weeks ago. Very impressive. He holds the world record for throwing a bunch of clay targets (11 I think) in the air and getting them all before they hit the ground (although he couldn't duplicate this feat at the show, he tried).

At one point he set the shotgun on the table, completely unloaded. He then threw a clay pigeon (it might have been two, can't remember) in the air. While it was airborne, he picked up the shotgun, loaded it, and proceeded to vaporize the clay pigeon(s) well before it hit the ground.

And oh my goodness, golf balls will FLY (and by FLY I mean obtain earth orbit) when you use them in place of clay targets....

BTW, he was very safety-minded throughout the entire show, and reminded everyone that they should NOT be attempting anything he was doing at "home".
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]

TopCrest showed me up bigtime by knocking two and three eggs out of the sky that I would scatter all with the same throw with a pump... almost never missed.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And oh my goodness, golf balls will FLY (and by FLY I mean obtain earth orbit) when you use them in place of clay targets....

Oh really??!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't go duck hunting with him !

You would go home empty handed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad would go clay shooting with his .30-30 and hit every time. It was pretty awesome.

But for the life of him he can't hit the broad side of a barn from indoors with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]
So, what's he using?  #6 or something?

Granted I couldn't do it even with the weak loads he seems to be using, but I find this only slightly more impressive than really good cowboy action shooters once you find out they're shooting wadcutters instead of a useful real life round.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh really??!

Oh yeah, they sail.  Another fun (but admittedly dangerous) thing is to shoot 1 pound propane cylinders.  They fly away until you can't see them anymore.  Now, if they decide to come YOUR way, you have a problem.  Like I said, don't try this.

Oh, and doing it with tracers gets.....interesting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Stop giving me ideas!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My dad would go clay shooting with his .30-30 and hit every time. It was pretty awesome.

But for the life of him he can't hit the broad side of a barn from indoors with a shotgun.

thats me im pretty bad ass with rifles and pistols(used to be a pretty good IPSC shootist) but cant hit chit with a shotgun
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You are one of those guys that thinks people shouldn't load more than 2 or 3 rounds when at the range, aren't you?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are one of those guys that thinks people shouldn't load more than 2 or 3 rounds when at the range, aren't you?

no
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]
what was unsafe? the firearm was pointing in a safe direction at all times, he knew his target,  Just because its not against his shoulder.. its unsafe?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
what was unsafe? the firearm was pointing in a safe direction at all times, he knew his target,  Just because its not against his shoulder.. its unsafe?

like I said.. It "looks".. It's kind of hard to tell from a edited video what is all going on..  The first thing that made me think that was his shooting of the shotgun from his side with his weak hand. He also was shooting the shotgun above his head upside down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
At the show I attended, he made it perfectly clear that this is what he does for a living. He is employed by Winchester to do this all over the country (not bad, huh?). You could tell not only from his words, but also from how he handled himself that he was very safety-conscious. I'm guessing he probably does this so often that shooting over his head is almost as second nature to him as a normal stance is to you or me. IMHO, safety is really not a problem here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't try that at home!

You'll shoot your eye out - or foot - or hand - or head - or  -----

It does look fun though
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Purely amateur.

Seriously, a friend of mine is like that.  He can do it with shotguns and rifles.  He's a manic with accuracy.  We spent an afternoon shooting over a water tank (muddy water for animals in woods) shooting dragonflies and he was hitting almost everytime with a 22lr!!!  We had to use 22 bird shot to keep up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Purely amateur.

Seriously, a friend of mine is like that...

Funny how video evidence never follows these claims...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top