Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 8:47:52 PM EDT
Have we learned NOTHING? Why the fuck am I still seeing video of highways with only one direction open. Open EVERYTHING except one lane to get into the city. This is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
We're all gonna die someday........msot of us will die in traffic though
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They opened both lanes of various highways in Texas for north-bound traffic.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, every major interstate out of Houston is going only one way, in both lanes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I know I 10 from Houston to Seguin is running both sides westbound.  I don't know about the vids that I have seen on TV.  Perhaps there is a good reason not to due so at that particular spot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take your word for it then, since the news keeps showing only one half of the highway being used.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll take your word for it then, since the news keeps showing only one half of the highway being used.

Here is a blurb on that from CNN:

Officials said traffic would be allowed to drive north for 100 miles in the southbound lanes of Interstate 45, the major route to Dallas.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
"Have we learned nothing from Katrina?"

Has it been less than fifteen minutes?

Then no

GM

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Then no

GM

???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then no

GM

???

Refering to attention spans of most people

GM
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I would in fact say that they have learned which is why there is such massive gridlock going on right now. Let's hope they have something to tie down their cars with in case they don't make it out in time.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top