Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
Hi All:

Please be sure to selfishly hoard all the gasoline you can.
Do all the PANIC buying you can.

Drive Gasoline prices SKYHIGH

Thanks for being "Good"Americans
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi All:

I'd like to help, but got no more storage capacity. Just filled five 5 gallon gas cans Yesterday, in addition to both vehicles and the riding mower.

Nice long gas lines today I noticed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]

JosieWales:

I'm buying no more, no less, than normal, than needed for my regular activities.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi All:

go buy a bike...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You really just have no clue...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's see... I've got 2,000 gallons stored in a leased UST.  I've got 100 gals. at home in red plastic gas cans.  4 vehicles topped off... say another 80 gallons.  Nope... I won't be hoarding any gas.  I'm all full.

lawdog
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hoard? Naaaah.  I'l just steal gas from those that price gouge.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hi All:

See, if the prices are going sky high, get it now while it's cheap, let the "good" Americans pay the sky high prices!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Whew...  Thanks for reminding me to fill my tank.   I was on empty.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.  When it gets too high, I'll just "borrow" gas from corporate fleet vehicles.  That's all I'll say, trying to be all CoC compliant and all.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
We filled up both cars and an aux. gas tank.  Later I will get some Jerry cans.  JosieWales are you some kind of ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hi All:

It's only called hoarding when you are too fucking stupid to stock up on something you want and need while someone else has some because they actually planned ahead.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Filling the hot tub...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Suckers wait  in line.  Stockpile just out of spite to the whiners.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not buying shit. Did that last time.

I hope to run out of gas this weekend so I don't have to go to work on Monday..........................

and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Filling the hot tub...

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes I have Alot more than a clue Mr Lumpy!!

Panic buying and hoarding produce a "Self-Fulfilling Prophesy"
And of course all this brings more panic and hoarding and higher prices and on and on...

I am not saying for people not to have enough gasoline to get to work, etc.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm buying no more, no less, than normal, than needed for my regular activities.

This is the right thing to do !!
Ding Ding
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the right thing to do !!
Ding Ding

Well, that means I have (and have had) about 10 cans in the garage full, and I have (and always keep) all 3 cars topped off.

The only change I've made - I usually wait until I'm close to 1/2 a tank to refill, now I use 1/4 for the refill mark  (if I'm on the road, 1/2 is still the "empty", as always).

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We filled up both cars and an aux. gas tank.  Later I will get some Jerry cans.  JosieWales are you some kind of ?

There is no reason to personally attack me--To make it more clear!!

People who are in Disaster zones are EXEMT...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, hoard all the gas you can store at sky-high prices.  Then when the prices drop in the next few weeks because all the hoarders are burning up their stores and no longer purchasing as needed...

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hi All:

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And of course all this brings more panic and hoarding and higher prices and on and on...

JosieWales,

You are an idiot.  If anyone has any doubt whatsoever, they need look no further than this thread-->
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=249861&page=1
(or at any other of your other 1078 posts).  Copy and paste as it is a locked thread.

"99% of manufacteres and especially Dealers are HUGE RIP-OFFS"

Supply and demand.  Deal with it.  Or maybe you should move to a communist country where the gov't fixes the price on everything but you pay 83% in taxes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yep, hoard all the gas you can store at sky-high prices.  Then when the prices drop in the next few weeks because all the hoarders are burning up their stores and no longer purchasing as needed...

The sky high prices will be within a few DAYS, you can still get it for under $3 a gal now, if you have empty gas cans sitting around, you would be a fool not to fill them while gasoline is still under $3 a gal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I was going to hoard but some guy on the interned told me I shouldn't.

Bwaaaahahaha!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#25]
We have plenty of gasoline, just that in the next few weeks, the gasoline is going to shoot-up like a rocket.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
So I guess I'm supposed to wait for it to get to $6 a gallon before I buy gas then huh?

Your a fool if you see a inpending shortage and do nothing to secure your supply.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll buy as much gas as I please for whatever purpose I please.  If I want to use it as a 55 gallon drum-candle you got nothing to do about it.  

I'm not going to be caught totally flat-footed should there be a shortage.  I bought my gas several days ago.  Figured it won't hurt anything to have it on hand that won't change 1yr from now either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'll buy as much gas as I please for whatever purpose I please.  If I want to use it as a 55 gallon drum-candle you got nothing to do about it.  

I'm not going to be caught totally flat-footed should there be a shortage.  I bought my gas several days ago.  Figured it won't hurt anything to have it on hand that won't change 1yr from now either.

+1

Just got back from my hoarding adventure at the truck stop.

Now I am off to siphon gas out of my neighbor's cars.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JosieWales,

You are an idiot.  If anyone has any doubt whatsoever, they need look no further than this thread-->
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=249861&page=1
(or at any other of your other 1078 posts).  Copy and paste as it is a locked thread.

"99% of manufacteres and especially Dealers are HUGE RIP-OFFS"

Supply and demand.  Deal with it.  Or maybe you should move to a communist country where the gov't fixes the price on everything but you pay 83% in taxes.

Go FUCK yourself C-4
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got plenty of gas stored away and it was purchased before this frenzy started. Gotta run up to Toronto this weekend though, I guess the one good thing is that Canadian gas prices will make everything here look cheap when I get back.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hi All:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no reason to personally attack me--To make it more clear!!
People who are in Disaster zones are EXEMT...

You mean no personal attacks like your original comments towards us here in this forum?

Just because we are prepared, the very few of us who actually are,
will make no diference on the price of gas.  

That is what this forum is about.

If by your statements you mean to everyone in the USA, then your posting on this forum is just whinning.   We already understand the wisdom of "Sheep".  

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#32]
150 gallons and holding!
CH
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I filled up my boat, does that count

filling up five jerry cans gives me a weeks of driving, big woop. I dont see it effecting my monthly budget unless it get to 6.00 a gallon. Then I will car pool, pick up the kids, ride or walk my lazy butt to the corner store.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Whew...  Thanks for reminding me to fill my tank.   I was on empty.

+1 just got the needle off the F mark, That cant do, will fill it up in the AM.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hi All:

[bugsbunny]what an ultramaroon[/bugs]

pull out your freshman macroeconomics text and try to educate yourself.

sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi All:

[bugsbunny]what an ultramaroon[/bugs]

pull out your freshman macroeconomics text and try to educate yourself.

sheesh.

fixed, its now clickable.

JW sorry it had to happen on this thread, I just saw the opportunity to use that Wav sound. Not personal, just wrong place at wrong time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Honestly, do you think before you post?  Do you ever have original thoughts?

What's going to happen when all the people who "hoarded" gas don't buy any for several days?

Gas prices WILL go up.  Period.  They've already shut down several refineries for safety reasons.  If we all did nothing differently the gas prices would STILL go up.  Even if the Hurricane did an about-face right now and trashed cuba on it's way out the price of gas would STILL go up (albeit temporarily).

The only thing mass "hoarding" is liable to do is cause the price of gas to rise a day earlier.  That's IT.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Not personally attacking you, friend, but I'm just buying gas now b/c after this disaster hits, gas companies are going to be jacking up their prices.  Get it cheap now, makes sense right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Honestly, do you think before you post?  Do you ever have original thoughts?

What's going to happen when all the people who "hoarded" gas don't buy any for several days?

Gas prices WILL go up.  Period.  They've already shut down several refineries for safety reasons.  If we all did nothing differently the gas prices would STILL go up.  Even if the Hurricane did an about-face right now and trashed cuba on it's way out the price of gas would STILL go up (albeit temporarily).

The only thing mass "hoarding" is liable to do is cause the price of gas to rise a day earlier.  That's IT.

Why this is an original thought ie. "Panic buying leads to more panic buying which leads to price gouging.

Just because you do not agree with some one, does not make their idea "not original"
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Not personally attacking you, friend, but I'm just buying gas now b/c after this disaster hits, gas companies are going to be jacking up their prices.  Get it cheap now, makes sense right?

That's true.
In Central Fl they went from 2.59 to 3.09 in 24 hours--before Katrina even hits.

Wow a good time to be on the oil co payroll
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#41]
everyone better start buying locking gas caps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Hoarding gas doesn't cause lasting price raises for the same reason that boycotting gas doesn't cause lasting price drops.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
everyone better start buying locking gas caps.

It took a poor old lady 4 weeks to figure out someone was siphoning her gas on a regular basis
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't you know?  Anyone who buys food, water, or any other commodity so that he will have an adequate supply in case of emergency is a "hoarder".

Yeah, whatever gas, food, water, ammo, or anything else I buy with MY money is no one's business but my own.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#45]
After contemplating this thread and all responses, it occurred to me that it would be "un-American" to not hoard gas.  It is our duty to the Republic to do our share to INCREASE the strategic national petroleum reserve by allocating our own "storage facilities" to further the needs of this great country.  The pres., if need be, can ask us after the fact (after refineries shut down and there is no more fresh fuel for weeks) to allow the gov. to tap into our own individual strategic reserves.

This policy is ALL-AMERICAN if you would ask me.

Lawdog
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Make sure that you don't go buy chicken at the store when it's on sale.  Make sure you wait until next week when the sale's over, and buy it at regular price.

As a matter of fact, I think anyone who wants to buy an AK kit needs to wait until the middle of next year, after the barrel ban is in effect.

ETA:  Josie, where is YOUR fuel gauge?  Can I assume that you are always running on 'E' so that you're a good citizen?  Buying gas 5 gal. at a time, as needed?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#47]

I bought my storage fuel and Pri-G'd it before the price jumped. I'll rotate the stock like always...

<yawn>
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Haves and have nots.

If you want to "share" the gas, call Karl...he has a Manifesto for you.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I would hoard gas but I am on vacation.  I will do my best though, mainly to ensure that I will have the ability to get home.

FOOL.

On a side note, where do I buy a farm tank with a capacity between 100 and 300 gallons?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Go FUCK yourself C-4

I love you too, Josie.  And if you're wondering what that is running down your back?  It's piss, not rain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top