Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 6:39:42 PM EDT
For me, 1/8th of a tank (1.75 gallons) in 3.5 weeks .
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero for one month as of today since I broke my right ankle and can't drive. It will stay at zero for probably another two months or so until they remove the screw holding my ankle in place and I'm able to start walking again. Great way to save gas money, too bad the surgeries are gonna cost an M16 and a half
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
.375tank/week with a short 4x4 trip, approx 9.75gal/week.  My roommate and I carpool to school.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I drive 15 minutes each way. If I had a smaller vehicle, the gas usage would be minimal. Even in the Ram, its relatively little.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
... Made a concerted effort to curtail my consumption. So far, I've been pleased with the outcome. Never realized how many frivolous trips I made in my vehicles. I'll now do several errands at the same time and even defer them a few days until I can maximize my returns

... It's been kind of a personal challenge to myself and doing my little part in reducing dependence on the big-5 oil companies and Arabs

... Sure, I still go for evening cruises on my motorcycle and take the big Cummins up the mountain, but I've seen my monthly consumption drop considerably lately by conserving on trips I once took for granted
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two vehicles, an '02 Ford  F-150 pickup and a '04 Honda VTX-1300C motorcycle.

My MC averages 50 mpg, my truck about 16 mpg.

I enjoy my MC and living in AZ I ride it every day almost year around.  It holds 4.8 gal and during the work week I can go two weeks without needing a fillup.

My truck holds 26 gal.  I take my truck when I have to do the big grocery run or haul stuff.  I usually only have to fill my truck once a month.

Yep gas prices are starting to rocket - but thank God for my bike, I'm not hurting - yet.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Zero since I'm at vet school.  When I get home over break it will be a whole different story though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The same amount I use every week, around 15 gallons.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have really cut down. I now ride my bike to work if it is not raining, and that is a 12.5mi trip.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I use about 5 gallons a week normally. If I go to the neighboring town to shop on a weekend it might be 8 or 9 gallons for that week. I have been riding my bike to the grocery store and work alot lately, the only problem is everybody keeps asking if I got a DUI after seeing me riding through town
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I only live about a mile from school, the supermarket and the metro station, and two miles from the organic market, I rarely drive.  Today I broke down and drove a mile to Chipotle for dinner (my left foot has been hurting since I went running on Saturday, and hurts more to walk on it.  I'm starting to thing something may be wrong with it.) in my '87 Volvo wagon (You know, the one with the Save the Bay and Green Is Good stickers on it).  So about 0.1 gallons in the past three weeks or so.  Course, when I do drive, it's usually a round trip of at least 60 miles.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
About a half tank...in my Coleman stove.  Went camping.

I think I have used two tanks in it this year.  That is all my gasoline consumptions.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I average about 600 miles per week.  I do field service.  Not much to curtail as I usually don't drive much on weekends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top