Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 6:00:38 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm in a little debate with my girlfriend about the Iraaq/al-qaeda connection.
I'm in the room with her, so please, be respectful.
I was wondering if anyone had the satellite photos of the terrorist training camp in Iraq, specifically the one with the airline fuselage.
I'm trying to demonstrate to her that there was a connection.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Up in Northern Iraq they had a cell operating there. I cant remember the name of the group though.

Thing is they are definitely there now. The ones we couldnt get in Afghan are pouring into Iraq and hence pouring into our gunsights. Effective.

ETA - Ansar al Islam was the group that had direct ties with Al Q
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you refering to before or after the war? State sponsored or not?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It's all over the news nearly every day about Al-Zaqarwi or whichever terrorist nutbar is in Iraq being Osama's #1 or #2 or the guy who trained Osama... whatever he is, he's Al-Queida according to every major news org.  Ya don't need a pic to tell ya Al-Queida is all over Iraq do you?

Let's remember:

1993 WTC bombing
1993 Somalia
1998 US Embassy Kenya bombing
1998 US Embassy Tanzania bombing
2000 USS Cole bombing
2001 9/11
2001 Afghan war

All Al-Queida involvement (with the exception of first WTC bombing, not positive on that one)  

Lesson: Where the US is, Al Queida will come.

Yes, they were in Iraq before, yes, they are there now. Yes, they are moving into our sites and into our body bags.

Our families are being threatened, we are at war ladies and gentlemen, and the 8 years of Clinton innaction obviously did not make the terrorists go away. As proven by 5 of the 7 attacks above which were during the Clinton years.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but the argument of whether they are directly linked to 9/11 or not should be a moot point. Our enemy was and is being harbored in Iraq. That's where they are, that's where we go.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you refering to before or after the war? State sponsored or not?

Befoire, but I found the pic of the training camp.
Google "salman pak" for the satellite photo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Some northern areas of Iraq not under Saddam/Baath party control were Al Qaeda infiltrated. Those areas were controlled by various rogue Kurdish elements. In fact, Saddam himself was not a Muslim Fundamentalist but was instead more of a Stalinist type figure who was our ally until the 1991 invasion of Kuwait.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
After the US invaded Afghanistan, Zarqawi took refuge in Saddam's Iraq.  Saddam planned on using him to terrorize the Kurds in the north.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
As for Salman Pak, that was information spread by the Iraqi National Congress. As you may remember they were headed by Ahmed Chalabi who was later suspected of being an Iran agent. Since the overthrow of the Baath government there had been no confirmation of such reports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top