Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 4:23:22 PM EDT
I was talking with a Dealer I know from NY and he informed me tha Sen.Charles Schumer applied to become a member at the Peconic River Sportsmans Club in Long Island!!!Needless to say,they voted against allowing him to join!This is totally true no BS here
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if he wanted to show off the fully auto ak that sen. feinbitch was showing off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew the democrats were always pro-gun and just needed encouragement to come out in the open. Remember Algore was NRA "A" rated at one time. They need everyone's help so now you will have a choice of 2 equal evils.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sneaky rat.  He was probably trying to join so the next time he tries to pass gun control he can say "Look, I'm not against guns.  I'm a member of this shooting club!  All I'm saying is that we need some common-sense laws to protect our children."
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
He probably needs a club/range membership for his CCW.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Schumer asked to come out to the club and shoot, I know the range and shoot there occasionally. I don't think he petitioned to join although the club often grants honorary membership to politicians who support sportsmen. My state senator is an honorary member.

The officers of the club were contemplating allowing him to come out and shoot but some of the members were against it. Schumer is trying to appeal to democratic union members who normally would support the dems but may not because of their anti gun rhetoric.

The dems realize they got beat on the gun issue in the last presidential election, they are going to lie and obfuscate to diffuse the gun issue.

Geoff Ross

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
to late, chucky joined my range today as part of his volunteer work he is to collect lead from down range during shooting matches[:D][heavy]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I sure hope someone took the time to be nice to him and see why he wanted to shoot.  And maybe if he would support the right to keep and bear arms.  Yeah it's a long shot but there is nothing to lose.  I've never seen a pro-gun person turn anti but I've seen several anti's turn pro-gun.

If all he got was a big F--- You from the club, then he would have left being justified in his feelings that gun owners are rude, crazy, wack jobs that shouldn't own guns.

Remember, that no matter how much you might dislike certain people, politicians...reporters, if they come to you for help or information, you have to be nice to them or you will turn them off.  Recently in Michigan there was a middle of the road/pro-gun leaning reporter.  He went to a gun show and was snubbed by all the dealers and had security tailing him.  Guess what, since the pro-gunners were rude and gave him nothing to write about.  He wrote an article about how gun people are rude and refuse to talk to reporters.  That really sucked seeing how we could have had a nice pro-gun article written.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Swire at one time this dick liked firearms & shooting, it wasn't until he knew being anti-gun would get & keep him in office that he turned sides. And started trying to screw us gun owners.

yes there are plenty of pros turn anti. CLINTON & GORE are 2 of the biggest ones. once they get in those power positions they forget where they came from. At one time they had very high ratings from the NRA then look how fast they did a 180 on thier beliefs
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sneaky rat.  He was probably trying to join so the next time he tries to pass gun control he can say "Look, I'm not against guns.  I'm a member of this shooting club!  All I'm saying is that we need some common-sense laws to protect our children."
View Quote

I agree with this political analysis completely.  This is EXACTLY what he's doing.  

He's such a slimy, lying bastard.  I can't believe that you knuckleheads in NY elected him.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
He doesn't hate guns, he just wants to be the one who says who can and can't have one.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I knew the democrats were always pro-gun and just needed encouragement to come out in the open. Remember Algore was NRA "A" rated at one time. They need everyone's help so now you will have a choice of 2 equal evils.
View Quote

Yea... Right. I don't think so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top