Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:17:34 PM EDT
I had an interview today with a small technical consulting firm. This was a real doozie. 3 hours meeting with 5 different people (each of the partners and one technical lead) consecutively. I think I did really well. I'm not 100% sure that I won the full confidence of one of the partners, but I am certain that I did win the full confidence of the other 3 and the technical lead that I met with as well. Then again, that one partner may have been deliberately screwing with me to see how I'd react to an adversarial situation. I'm also overly critical of myself, so I probably didn't do as poorly with this one guy as I thought (it's not like we got into an argument or I spilled coffee in his lap).

My point is that I hate looking for another job. I'm probably going to wind up staying at my next job as long as possible so that I don't have to go through this crap again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess what? I got the job!!! The recruiter I was working with called me this morning to tell me that they wanted to make me an offer. It's a pretty sweet one too!

I guess I didn't do as bad on that interview as I thought!

I'm going to turn in my resignation on Monday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.......good luck in the new position.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations Steve.  I am of the opinion that nothing sucks
more than looking for a new job.  And that is what keeps me
going into the sweat-shop every morning.
DanM
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
good work
happy for you
glad it worked out
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guess what? I got the job!!! The recruiter I was working with called me this morning to tell me that they wanted to make me an offer. It's a pretty sweet one too!

I guess I didn't do as bad on that interview as I thought!

I'm going to turn in my resignation on Monday.

Congrats, but I wouldn't turn in your resignation until you have something in writing from the new company. I've seen misunderstandings and verbal offers withdrawn.

ETA: I'm currently looking too and I really hate the interview process. I've been working as a contractor  in software quality and I'm looking for my 4th contract in the last year. No more 3-6 month contract for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top