Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 4:09:03 PM EDT
Please read: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29228-2001Jul20.html

I did not know "most" virginians supported gun control.  I wonder what source the author used for his data.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
oh... you said virgin[b]ian[/b]s...  my bad. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
probably a poll of alexandria residents.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The Washington Post is a liberal newspaper, and one of the more vocal supporters of gun control.  If you need proof that poll was nonsense, an amendment to the Virginia Constitution was passed with an overwhelming majority guaranteeing the right of citizens to hunt and fish.  No Democrat candidates won elections in Virginia that year either, at least in my district.  A Democrat incumbent (Robb) was soundly defeated by a Republican (Allen) who had to endure a smear campaign from HCI that portrayed a ninja clad terrorist brandishing an Uzi that said something like, "He doesn't want assault weapons like these off the streets."  Virginia is NOT pro-gun control.  The Yankee transplants in Northern Virginia (probably the only people polled) are notoriously liberal and even they voted for Republicans.

Notice also that the article was written by the former political director of HCI (shocker).  He is full of shit.  Obviously most Americans DO NOT support gun control or Bush would not have won 2,000+ of the 3,000+ counties in the country.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, read that the other day.  I already was calling the guy a communist before I even read the name and the fact he used to work for HCI.  They way I read between the lines though, sounded like they were having trouble finding politicians to tow their agenda around in VA.  The propaganda machine rolls on!

Ross
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah right!...It's full of hog sh*t!
Why would we voted for George Allen (supported by NRA) to the senate and kicked Wagner (pro gun-control) out of office?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
rg00red nailed it.  It was written by the former political director of HCI.  [rolleyes]

C.R.A.P.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#7]
That is why I get the Washington Times.

The post [b]SUCKS![/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top