Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 12:18:37 PM EDT
Give me every part of the canadian government that you hate and why.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
1)The appointed for life Senate that acts too often like a rubber stamp.

2)The fact that the Party leader (Prime Minister) can approve/disapprove candidates, which means that 1st term members of Parliament must do what he says, or he won't sign their nomination papers.

3)The fact that Members of Parliament need to elected to two terms before they can collect the MP pension (see item 2 above)

4) That all the votes in the house are not free votes. IE that the Prime Minister can TELL the MPs in his party HOW TO VOTE, and which bills will pass and fail.

Thats to start.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Everything and the fact they cower to Quebec.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1)The appointed for life Senate that acts too often like a rubber stamp.

2)The fact that the Party leader (Prime Minister) can approve/disapprove candidates, which means that 1st term members of Parliament must do what he says, or he won't sign their nomination papers.

3)The fact that Members of Parliament need to elected to two terms before they can collect the MP pension (see item 2 above)

4) That all the votes in the house are not free votes. IE that the Prime Minister can TELL the MPs in his party HOW TO VOTE, and which bills will pass and fail.

Thats to start.

Wow if that's all true it's a pretty F&*(ked up way of running a government .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised no Canadian members have chimed in yet. I think most Americans know very little about the Canadian government! I'm an American but my girlfriend is Canadian. Unfortunately she's a lot more liberal than me, something that is all too common in Canada. She actually doesn't mind paying 50% of her income in taxes. Now you know why they can say healthcare is "free"!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm surprised no Canadian members have chimed in yet. I think most Americans know very little about the Canadian government! I'm an American but my girlfriend is Canadian. Unfortunately she's a lot more liberal than me, something that is all too common in Canada. She actually doesn't mind paying 50% of her income in taxes. Now you know why they can say healthcare is "free"!

Well I'm Canadian but I voted with my feet.

And I’m no liberal.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top