Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 2:53:59 PM EDT
Well, went to pick up some Q3131A at Galyan's (Columbus, OH - Sawmill location), and not only was the guy at the counter completely clueless - asked for .223 Wichester, he tried to give me everything but, and I finally had to explain to him exactally where it was... - but I got carded for it to boot.  Since when do you need to be 21 or over (I'm 24 BTW) to buy RIFLE ammunition????  Why was this guy working in the hunting department?

At any rate, they have it for 2.99 a box, so it's a helluva deal.  But they don't have much left (that I could see).  Get it while you can.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since when do you need to be 21 or over (I'm 24 BTW) to buy RIFLE ammunition????
View Quote

J&G Sales card everyone who buys ammo (maybe not if they know the guy, but me and all my friend who have gone there have been carded for ammo.)
They also refused to sell me a Bushmaster although all my papers (and the background check) was okay. I took my business elsewhere, no harm done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How about this one?

I was ordering a burger at the drive-thru.  Ordered a burger, no mayo.  

The girl says "Just the meat and the bun?"

Me: "No. Burger, hold the mayo"

Girl: "Ok, just the bun and burger?"

I fricking lost it.  "NO! REMOVE ONE INGREDIENT!  THE MAYO!  OTHERWISE MAKE IT LIKE YOU NORMALLY WOULD!"

Then I pulled up to the window to pay and she asked me again: "So you just want the bun and meat, right?"

Me:NO!  READ THE LIST!  

her:  lettuce, cheese, tomato, mayo..

Me:  PUT EVERYTHING ON THE BURGER EXCEPT THE MAYO!  WHAT'S SO CONFUSING?

Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to be picky but, if you wanted Q3131A you should have asked for .223 Remington or 5.56 mm.
I don't know of any .223 Winchester.
marsh
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, all semantics aside, he still should have know what I was talking about.  Probably wasn't the most correct way to say it, but they had PCM, Fiocchi, and all other kinds of .223 ammo there, so I figured that by saying .223 he would know what caliber I wanted, and by Winchester he would know that I wanted the Winchester brand.  What I really should have said, for clarity's sake, was:

"Can you give me the 5.56mm 55gr FMJ Winchester Q3131A sitting right behind you that you've been staring at for the last ten minutes?"

Regardless, the fact is that he was working in the hunting department and did not know that .223 and 5.56 were same/same (please, no .223 chamber vs. 5.56 chamber discussions).
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I go to the Galyans in Schaumburg, IL. The guy at the gun section is pretty well educated on everything there. This guy knows more than some of the guys who run gun shops I visited.
I can ask him for something precise, like a box of Federal Gold Medal Match .223 69 grain and he'll have it in front of me within a few seconds.
Of course in IL. it is required that anyone who buys firearms and ammo has to have a Firearm Owners Identification(FOID) card. So of course he asks me for it first.
I have a Galyans preferred customer membership. I sometimes get a coupon in the mail for $10 off purchases. So I use that to buy ammo. With that I can get a few boxes of PMP or PMC .223 for under $2.99per box. I don't care much for Winchester ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.wam.umd.edu/~raditts/a-litmac.gif[/img]
Yay! A winner is me!
Zip your lip, Doc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
raven, you're just asking to get a load of snot in your burger man. he he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top