Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 6:18:51 AM EDT
Car alarms.  Okay. So now that they are standard equipment on any new vehicle, the world really ignores them when they go off. But at least when I turn on mine, my truck just honks the horn for an eighth of a second.  Barely noticeable.  But not this chic’s car, no sir. In a loud booming voice that sounds very much like a police bullhorn.  VIPER, IS ARMED!

First week she got it…inside my apartment…with the doors and windows shut and the TV going(yes its that loud).. I kept jumping to the window thinking the cops were grabbing someone.  Finally figured out is was a car alarm.  Even been woken up a couple times early in the morning with VIPER, IS DISARMED!

It s a fricking 2000 something Eclipse!  WHY?

Rant off.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Peace of mind, insurance discounts.  Why not?  It may be all she can afford.  

I'm sure there is a way to program it so it only chirps.  Have you tried talking to her?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace of mind, insurance discounts.  Why not?  It may be all she can afford.  

I'm sure there is a way to program it so it only chirps.  Have you tried talking to her?

Never see her till she is either driving away or already gone into the apartment building out of my sight so I can't see what apartment she is in.  I probably have to leave a note on her car.

What do you mean all she can afford?  Is VIPER a cheap car alarm system?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Vipers are actually very good.  I loved the 3 that I have owned in my past cars.  Yes you can program it to not do that and either chirp or even silent arm/disarm.  But that would be cool
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow.  I thought they quit making those wierd POS alarms in the mid 1990s.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Vipers are actually very good.  I loved the 3 that I have owned in my past cars.  Yes you can program it to not do that and either chirp or even silent arm/disarm.  But that would be cool

Well it yell at me if I put a note on her windshield?
VIPER IS GONNA BEAT THE STINK OUT OF YOU!
VIPER KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE AND KNOWS THE MOB CLIQUE AND THEY WILL DEAD YOU!!

Or is it like a stick death alarm system where a giant blade comes out and cuts my head off, while transmitting video feed to the car owners TV.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it a convertible?  You know what to do.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is it a convertible?  You know what to do.....

Nope.  Not a convertable.

Its not anoying to the point where illegal vandalizim is in my mind.  Just a note on the windshield and an ARFCOM rant.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Viper alarms suck.  I thought they weren't really used anymore, since recent cars have built in alarms.  I remember when cars used to have viper alarms with proximity detectors.

So, everytime you went to your car parked next to one of those stupid things, it's start bitching "protected by viper, step away from the car."  Eventually while putting groceries in your car, it'd get start with the siren alarms.  Noone ever paid any attention to those stupid alarms, and everyone would just hope the damned car batteries would die so it'd shut up, or if it was being stolen, that the damned theif would hurry up and make the noise stop.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it yell at me if I put a note on her windshield?
VIPER IS GONNA BEAT THE STINK OUT OF YOU!
VIPER KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE AND KNOWS THE MOB CLIQUE AND THEY WILL DEAD YOU!!

Or is it like a stick death alarm system where a giant blade comes out and cuts my head off, while transmitting video feed to the car owners TV.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to live in apartment complex where my neighbor had a talking car alarm. It would loudly say "Please step away from the vehicle", and then give a countdown. On evening I was sitting on the patio, when a cat jumps up on the hood of the car. It goes through its routine, but completes the countdown, because the cat didn't care and just sat there. Then a really loud siren started wailing and the alarm started saying "I HAVE BEEN VIOLATED".
Annoying and funny at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#11]
They still sell talking car alarms? Geez- welcome to 1991.

Mine just beeps the horn once for disarming, twice for arming.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#12]
You should pay her back and get a Dukes of Hazard (ie programable) horn for your car....

they were out about the same time weren't they?

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#13]
my tummy hurts....too...funny...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top