Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:55:50 AM EDT
I'm in Austin and told all my employees to stay home for fear that traffic would be so bad from people heading north, that they won't be able to get home tonight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there a link? or was it on the TV?

ETA: My future mother in law is in Houston on business with her idiot boss and her boss wont let her leave. She said last night that if there wasnt much trafic that the would leave early this morning but if it was bad they would wait till 0900 before they leave. I told her last night that if they left at 2200 the might be out of the city at 0900. I was just looking for info I can send her so she can convince her boss to get the hell out of there!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there a link? or was it on the TV?

ETA: My future mother in law is in Houston on business with her idiot boss and her boss wont let her leave. She said last night that if there wasnt much trafic that the would leave early this morning but if it was bad they would wait till 0900 before they leave. I told her last night that if they left at 2200 the might be out of the city at 0900. I was just looking for info I can send her so she can convince her boss to get the hell out of there!

Just turn on FoxNews. They show pictures of the backed up traffic every few minutes. They said traffic is currently backed up bumper to bumper from the Texas coast to every major Texas city north of the coast line (even Dallas). Also, every Hotel in Central Texas is booked up. They said you'd have to go north of Texas to find a hotel.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Update: Fox just said effective at 9AM, all lanes of I-45 will be made northbound only to relieve traffic. I-10 and 290 will also be made northbound only sometime today.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just turn on FoxNews. They show pictures of the backed up traffic every few minutes. They said traffic is currently backed up bumper to bumper from the Texas coast to every major Texas city north of the coast line (even Dallas). Also, every Hotel in Central Texas is booked up. They said you'd have to go north of Texas to find a hotel.

Not even an hotel in the middle of the triangle?  wow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not even an hotel in the middle of the triangle?  wow.

They said you have to go to Oklahoma City to find a hotel room. All the hotels were already booked up in Austin with the Austin City Limits Music Festival (4 day music festival) that starts tonight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top