Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 1:32:08 PM EDT
Man!!!! Brought out the new toy for the first time today what the F!@$ is up with that trigger puuuuulllll BANG! F that!! Please tell me their is something better Help guys please.[):)] pg
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Man!!!! Brought out the new toy for the first time today what the F!@$ is up with that trigger puuuuulllll BANG! F that!! Please tell me their is something better Help guys please.[):)] pg
View Quote
btt
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a gunsmith so I can't tell you if something is wrong or if that is what BM is doing now with their triggers but mine has a little less than 1/8" of travel then it breaks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not a gunsmith so I can't tell you if something is wrong or if that is what BM is doing now with their triggers but mine has a little less than 1/8" of travel then it breaks.
View Quote

Mine too
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No problems with mine
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Great gun, but what did you expect a Jewel?

yeah I know the first time I fired mine I thought the safety was on or the trigger was broken [:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What exactly is wrong with the trigger?  I'm waiting for my BM to arrive (going to pick it up Wed) [:D]  Is it just the short trigger pul that you refer to? Or is it something else?
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
What, not used to military triggers? [;)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]
ditto what skullworks said. I am changing the trigger on my bushy but for the fact I mostly shoot off a bench. But my trigger feels just like all the military triggers I have shot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What, not used to military triggers? [;)]
View Quote
Yea that could be it havent shot to many but the pull is stiff [;)] Iwould rather have it smooth would a jewel trigger help. MAN I FEEL A FLAME COMING ON!! [):)]pg
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is more than 1/8" not alot but it seems hard but like i told skull I just may not be used to this style rifle. Could it be it is not broken in yet? Thanks Bear [):)]pg
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:10:32 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I have been told when I was looking for a different trigger was to look into the Accuracy Speaks trigger or the Jewell trigger depending on what my demands are. Check out the Rifles, Uppers, Lowers,etc. forum or the Competition shooting forum there are a lot of trigger threads.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
Great gun, but what did you expect a Jewel?

yeah I know the first time I fired mine I thought the safety was on or the trigger was broken [:)]
View Quote
Jewel huh hmmmmm now we are talking what would that do for me? Your are right Ilove my Black Beauty but the trigger has to go. Thanks Surfer[):)]pg
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From what I have been told when I was looking for a different trigger was to look into the Accuracy Speaks trigger or the Jewell trigger depending on what my demands are. Check out the Rifles, Uppers, Lowers,etc. forum or the Competition shooting forum there are a lot of trigger threads.
View Quote
That is probably it Dave I have not shot to much military stuff so I am sure it is me but I would like to correct this if possible Thanks for the reply. [):)]pg
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I highly recommend the Compass Lake Engineering 2 stage trigger.  I just had it installed on my Colt HBAR and BM/Armalite carbine.  I had it also installed on my Coyote Rifle I got from CLE.

The BM 2 stage trigger is a ripoff copy of the CLE trigger; not as good, but much better than the standard trigger.

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#15]
propguy,

You need to replace the trigger in it or get used to military type triggers.  Straight out of the box it is not a sniper rifle with a 3 lb pull.  Just replace the trigger.  Mine still has a factory standard trigger in it and it will shoot 1" at 100yds with iron sights.  Granted if your going to shoot iron sights you will need to get a KNS prescision front sight.  Look t up at the bushmaster website.  I put one on mine and it is great!!  You will learn to love your Bushmaster!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I highly recommend the Compass Lake Engineering 2 stage trigger.  I just had it installed on my Colt HBAR and BM/Armalite carbine.  I had it also installed on my Coyote Rifle I got from CLE.

The BM 2 stage trigger is a ripoff copy of the CLE trigger; not as good, but much better than the standard trigger.

Merlin
View Quote

I have to  agree. I have a compasslake trigger and it is very good. If you don't want to spend a fortune and have a very good trigger compass lake is the way to go. They are good people to do business with and they are very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top