Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be very proud of your son and yourself for raising him with good manners!

I agree that you should give great gifts to the farmer.  It is also a good example for your son, and a nice thing to do for a great working American.

Good job!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you got a good boy there.  Duck/Goose hunting is a great thing for kids, I grew up doing that on our farm.  Really though, it was time with Dad, doing something really cool.  Your son learned more in those meetings with Real People like that farmer than he did all week at school.

I am getting kinda homesick and sentimental right now...

But in answer to your question about leases... As long as my Dad keeps paying the mortgage, I have a lease.    Not like I will ever have time to hunt, school and all.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You are a very lucky man indeed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OUTSTANDING.......it gets even better if and when your son hunts as well.

SRM
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You know from a farmer's point of view with land - its very special to see a father and son out and about together.  Too often you see a punk kid who's pants do not fit properly, with multiple body piercing.  To associate with a respectiable young man and his father seeking an opprotunity to do what nature intended should be rewarded.

Bravo!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Generally speaking, farmers don't lease hunting rights in Ohio. I usually send a gift of some type to the land owner. Depending on what type of person and what their interests are. I've given harvested game, gift baskets, home made beer or wine, gift certificates, Cuban cigars, sporting event tickets. I've cleared junk and hauled it to the dump. I even bought one guy a new shotgun. But his land was very productive and he treated me like family.

I'm simply suggesting a token or your gratitude other than money since he has given you permission to hunt for free when he could lease the rights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top