Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 4:32:37 PM EDT
Impressive radar signature too. Confirmed reports of a tornado in progress have been reported. This could be a strong tornado.

Man, what a day. One calamity after another.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bush's fault!

Oh, wait, wrong forum.  

Nevermind!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Reports of 3ft. diameter trees down. 100mph straight line winds also. Pretty intense storm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL

In Before the Looters
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck, my wife is there on business.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
FEMA come rescue me!!!!!

Where's my Red Cross charge card.

George Bush does not care about white people!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, WTF is going on with the problems and weather tonight. First Rita, then the JetBlue flight, now this.

Damn.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry, that tornado is just trying to hit the refugees from Norleans, mother earth wants those people dead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm safe in the south for know but the night is young. Forecast for the evening is strong t-storms
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The FOUR HORSEMAN have crested the hill.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Man, WTF is going on with the problems and weather tonight. First Rita, then the JetBlue flight, now this.

Damn.

What happened with JetBlue?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn.

What happened with JetBlue?

Turn on CNN or FOX
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They haven't crested the hill, but I hear the sound of their galloping.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Damage reports now starting to come in from the area. Here is a local storm report just sent out by the NWS:

0703 PM     TSTM WND DMG     ANDOVER                 45.26N 93.33W    
09/21/2005                   ANOKA              MN   LAW ENFORCEMENT    

THREE HOUSES DESTROYED...PEOPLE TRAPPED IN DAMAGED    
HOUSES.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Maybe I was wrong.  Didn't the old timers think that this sort of thing portended disasters?

http://www.local6.com/news/5000311/detail.html

Mysterious 'Ball Of Fire' Seen In Fla. Skies

POSTED: 7:23 am EDT September 21, 2005
UPDATED: 1:26 pm EDT September 21, 2005

Dozens of people from Jacksonville to Ft. Pierce flooded the U.S. Coast Guard late Tuesday with calls about a mysterious ball of fire seen flying in the sky, according to a Local 6 News report.

Callers flooded the newsroom of Local 6 News partner Florida Today after they saw the object over the Space Coast Tuesday night.

"Starting at about 7:30 last night, we started receiving calls here in the newsroom," Florida Today online news editor Dave Larimer said. "In fact, the Coast Guard station in Port Canaveral got more than two dozen reports of people seeing a bright light in the sky over the ocean."

From Fort Pierce to about five miles south of Jacksonville, reports came in to Coast Guard offices starting about 7:30 p.m., said Dan Yates, a Coast Guard petty officer in Port Canaveral.

Yates said one caller who was walking his dog near the Sebastian Inlet described the object as "huge, like a giant fireball."

Yates said callers to the Coast Guard station thought a boater might have been in trouble. "A lot of people thought it might have been a flare that might have gone up," Yates said of other callers.

"One person thought this fire ball went into the ocean," Larimer said. "The Coast Guard said it probably didn't and it was just his perspective. We know it was not a rocket launch and we know the Air Force was not doing anything."

Experts said it could be a piece of space junk or a large meteor burning up in the atmosphere.

The Coast Guard base near Jacksonville also received calls.

Babs Angel, a public affairs spokeswoman for Patrick Air Force Base, said no local military activity was taking place Tuesday night.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
radar dont look to bad to me???

also no tornado warnings from the national weather service

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mpx/
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Dammit. The grass got watered and DirectTV hasn't come back in yet.

I'm a victim here!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHO'S GOING TO MOW MY YARD?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm a victim here!

Glad you're OK.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm a victim here!

Nothing on Direct TV tonight except something about a hurricane in the Gulf, a plane whose landing gear is screwed up and some tornados in MN.  Don't you have any of our friends from south of the border to mow your lawn?

SM

SM
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I was wrong.  Didn't the old timers think that this sort of thing portended disasters?

http://www.local6.com/news/5000311/detail.html

Mysterious 'Ball Of Fire' Seen In Fla. Skies

POSTED: 7:23 am EDT September 21, 2005
UPDATED: 1:26 pm EDT September 21, 2005

Dozens of people from Jacksonville to Ft. Pierce flooded the U.S. Coast Guard late Tuesday with calls about a mysterious ball of fire seen flying in the sky, according to a Local 6 News report.

Callers flooded the newsroom of Local 6 News partner Florida Today after they saw the object over the Space Coast Tuesday night.

"Starting at about 7:30 last night, we started receiving calls here in the newsroom," Florida Today online news editor Dave Larimer said. "In fact, the Coast Guard station in Port Canaveral got more than two dozen reports of people seeing a bright light in the sky over the ocean."

From Fort Pierce to about five miles south of Jacksonville, reports came in to Coast Guard offices starting about 7:30 p.m., said Dan Yates, a Coast Guard petty officer in Port Canaveral.

Yates said one caller who was walking his dog near the Sebastian Inlet described the object as "huge, like a giant fireball."

Yates said callers to the Coast Guard station thought a boater might have been in trouble. "A lot of people thought it might have been a flare that might have gone up," Yates said of other callers.

"One person thought this fire ball went into the ocean," Larimer said. "The Coast Guard said it probably didn't and it was just his perspective. We know it was not a rocket launch and we know the Air Force was not doing anything."

Experts said it could be a piece of space junk or a large meteor burning up in the atmosphere.

The Coast Guard base near Jacksonville also received calls.

Babs Angel, a public affairs spokeswoman for Patrick Air Force Base, said no local military activity was taking place Tuesday night.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

It's just the reflection of Venus off swamp gas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Indeed they may have!  The end times are nearer than ever.  I don't think it is time just yet, however, if it is time then very soon 1/4 of the people on earth will die by the sword, famine, plaque, and wild beasts.

Should be an interesting weekend.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top