Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
Since we saw the deveastation of oil/gas production in NOLA, what if any is there in the Galveston Texas coast area ?

If there is some, and I suspect there is, are we in for another gas hike, yet again ?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There's more to it than just where the hurricane hits.  All the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico have to be evacuated too.

In answer to your question, yes there are refineries in the area forecast for landfall, and yes there will be an increase in gas prices.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
About 25% of all gas refined in the US is done around Houston/ Galveston.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I just went and filled up before the price hikes. The wholesale gas prices are already rising in anticipation of Rita dammage. Fill up early and often! Don't forget generator gas and propane for lanterns stove ect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy bat shit, Robin ! ! !

Where is that emoticon guy with the big eyes when I need him !
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a man nearly go postal down here at the gas station.  He jumped out of his car and started screaming at some woman at the pump who would not move fast enough away from the pump.  It is starting to get somewhat crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top